Carl Hansen - Embrace Chair

Started by JimmyToTheBe, March 07, 2019, 01:56:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimmyToTheBe

Hi everyone, just catching up with my instagram feed ( https://www.instagram.com/thedesignformula/ ) by uploading the high-res images for the Embrace Chair. I think Esben did this one a while back. The model is from https://dimensiva.com/3dmodels/embrace-chair-by-carl-hansen-son/

I have added my own spin on the textures by creating my own normal maps and roughness maps. Wanted to try and create a more used and distressed feel. The scene is illuminated by one area light from the right hand side and a HDRI from the left.

Hope you guys like it?

DaStig

Looking really good. Nice scene setup and love the leather texture ... very well done ...

JimmyToTheBe

Quote from: DaStig on March 07, 2019, 11:55:05 AM
Looking really good. Nice scene setup and love the leather texture ... very well done ...

Thanks. I might post the scene setup so everyone can see what goes where!

Will Gibbons

I really like the distressed leather texture. I feel like the leather grain may be a bit large, but maybe I'm wrong. I don't have any leather chairs here to compare it to. It's a great start. Wondering what you'd do if you tried to push the background a little bit.

Magnus Skogsfjord

Overall great stuff. Really like that blue subtle tint light that hits the left side of the chair. As Will requested, I'd really like to see the background with a little push.

JimmyToTheBe

Quote from: Will Gibbons on March 13, 2019, 02:04:28 PM
I really like the distressed leather texture. I feel like the leather grain may be a bit large, but maybe I'm wrong. I don't have any leather chairs here to compare it to. It's a great start. Wondering what you'd do if you tried to push the background a little bit.

Nice comment, Thanks Will. May choose to do some small tweaks at a later date. The thing with the background is I guess a little too rushed but I wanted to go for something that didn't obscure the detail of the chair too much.

My next step for this scene would be to put it into a purpose built interior...But in time

Will Gibbons

Cool! Excited to see where it goes. :)