[KNOWN ISSUE] Crash when trying to color preview label material

Started by Eric Summers, March 07, 2019, 10:12:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric Summers

When working with a material that has a label, KeyShot will crash if I try to do a color preview of the label material. For example, in the graph below if I pick the color preview of the Plastic node KeyShot consistently crashes. I can do a color preview of every other node with no problem. Win 10 Pro, KS 8.2.80.

Esben Oxholm

Hi Eric.
I have experienced this as well. Haven't been able to pinpoint the issue earlier though, but doing a color preview of the main surface material (not the label) makes KeyShot 8.2 crash instantly on mac.

Bruno F

Hello Eric,

Thank you for reporting this crash. We will have our quality assurance team test and file a bug report. A fix will most likely be available in the next software update. For now, I recommend avoiding the color preview of the label material. You will also want to save your work often. Save reminders can help.

Below you will find a link to a Quick Tip video on Save Reminders.

Quick tips: Save Reminders

Eric Summers

Hi Bruno,

Thanks for the information! Luckily I don't use color preview of labels very often.

Aristotles Lantern

I'm getting this too. It's very annoying.

Windows 10.

Bruno F

Hello Aristotles,

Thank you for your feedback. We will have our quality assurance team test and file a bug report. A fix will most likely be available in the next software update. For now, I recommend avoiding the color preview of the label material. You will also want to save your work often. Save reminders can help.

Below you will find a link to a Quick Tip video on Save Reminders.

Quick tips: Save Reminders

Quote from: Aristotles Lantern on April 02, 2019, 09:41:12 AM
I'm getting this too. It's very annoying.

Windows 10.