Orange juice - hardest material ever

Started by Andrew_G, March 12, 2019, 07:30:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew_G

Thank you:) I`m really happy that you like it.

PS. I just fixed the shadow, it should look alright now:)

mattjgerard

Those look absolutely fantastic! Nice work! Those are some hard materials to work with. Please do remember that there are members here that run render farms that can kick out renders in insanely short periods of time. If time is what is limiting your business then purchasing time on a render farm so that you can keep working might be worth the expense. I am fortunate enough to have a high powered network render node here at work, and that allows me to kick full renders to that while I can move on to my next image. It has pushed my productivity up more than 50%. With a render farm though, you aren't on the hook for the computers and the yearly NR fees. Might be something to look at.

Eric Summers

Just have to echo what the others have been saying - that looks really good!

To Matt's point: another option to consider would be getting another license and a machine to use solely for rendering. Just another option to think about. :)  I started out using a slow 8 thread machine so I know how frustrating those long render times are.

Will Gibbons

These turned out really well Andrew!

Yes, as I mentioned, the version I did took very long to render and I kicked it out to a network rendering setup. While Matt makes a good point about the value in purchasing hardware if it's going to enable your business to grow/excel, I'd like to see our Cloudy Plastic material render faster. Another approach to making such a material render faster is some sort of denoiser. There is one built into interior mode if you don't mind the way the translucent or cloudy plastic material renders in that preset.

DetroitVinylRob

Beautiful work with contained liquids Andrew_G, the added inner light certainly added realism. Bravo!