Pattern study ( Manchester United; Old Trafford's seating plan)

Started by Hossein Alfideh, March 13, 2019, 08:35:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hossein Alfideh

Hello everyone,
Focusing on patterns around,can lead to fine observations.This is the second time I try to create a scene with this subject after my container yard project and now I chose my favourite stadium "Old Trafford". As a soccer fan who supports red devils, I was really psyched about the lads' final result in the second leg of UEFA champions league against Paris Saint German so I chose the stadium's seating plan as my subject. Using make pattern option in Keyshot can be quit helpful as it allows you to create rows without difficulty. I was also hoping to see a similar challenge on renderweekly about patterns as it can be really fun to probe into how appealing repetition can be when seeing a vast scenery.
Let me know what you think. Hope you like it. :)

Will Gibbons

Man! Great use of the pattern tool! (assuming you used it) I like it a lot. Simple, but effective. Gives that pre/post game-day feeling.

Hossein Alfideh

Quote from: Will Gibbons on March 13, 2019, 01:35:39 PM
Man! Great use of the pattern tool! (assuming you used it) I like it a lot. Simple, but effective. Gives that pre/post game-day feeling.
Thanks Will. Yes, I only modeled one seat then created the whole scene in keyshot it also needed a bit of pattern noise. Well, I aimed for a partly cloudy sunday pre game vibe and I'm glad that you got the exact feeling bro.

Magnus Skogsfjord

As mentioned on instagram, besides the lovely subtle staggering in the pattern, I really love that deep red. Perfectly saturated!

Also; To push it, you could do that tedious job of unlinking the materials from each chair and move the textures randomly around to remove that slight repetition of roughness/diffuse, but I'm sure you already considered that ; )

Zeltronic

Hossein Alfideh

Quote from: Magnus Skogsfjord on March 14, 2019, 08:18:13 AM
As mentioned on instagram, besides the lovely subtle staggering in the pattern, I really love that deep red. Perfectly saturated!

Also; To push it, you could do that tedious job of unlinking the materials from each chair and move the textures randomly around to remove that slight repetition of roughness/diffuse, but I'm sure you already considered that ; )

Thank you bro for your supporting comment always inspirs me to do more.
You're so right about the repetition.I was going to print this on canvas for a dear friend of mine and that's something I'm on it right now.I'll replace the final image as soon as The higher resolution is ready.

Hossein Alfideh

DaStig

Hard to believe it's a render in the first place ... looking so damn real ... nicely done, good scene and lighting setup

KeyShot

One of the best uses of the pattern tool I have seen. Beautiful rendering!

Hossein Alfideh

Quote from: DaStig on March 15, 2019, 01:35:24 PM
Hard to believe it's a render in the first place ... looking so damn real ... nicely done, good scene and lighting setup
Cheers man!Thanks for your feedback,means a lot :)

Hossein Alfideh

Quote from: KeyShot on March 15, 2019, 02:57:03 PM
One of the best uses of the pattern tool I have seen. Beautiful rendering!

Wow I'm really flattered.Thank you! :)