[RESOLVED] Shift+LMB Marquee doesn't select objects

Started by theAVator, February 14, 2019, 10:17:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theAVator

KS 8.0.247 and  KS 8.2.80
With my model loaded, I am not able to Shift+LMB drag over a group of objects to multi-select them. It drags and produces the rectangular marquee, but then disappears without selecting them. View Selection Outlines is enabled.  When marquee selecting nothing is selected in the scene tree either - i.e. it's not an issue of not seeing the selection - the selection isn't seen because the selection isn't taking place. Changing the preference to "Use CPU for Selection Outline" doesn't produce any different results either.

This happened with earlier versions of KS8, but I also just installed the latest from the site as it looked to have a laundry list of updates and bug squashes, but alas, the new version doesn't seem to have solved it either.

I'm going to try a different model to see if it's just this one in particular, but I'm not sure why it would just present in one.

theAVator

**Update**

Seems to be just this model. Not sure why, but opened up my previous model and worked there just fine.

Francisco

Hello theAVator,

When you are trying to select certain parts of your model you mention that the marquee goes away without selecting anything. I did have a question about how you selected the parts when dragging the marquee to make your selection.

If you drag from left to right it will only select objects that fully in the box.
If you drag from right to left it will then select anything the box is touching.

Can you try and see if dragging and having the full object in the box when going from left to right selects anything for you? Let me know if this works for you?

Quote from: theAVator on February 14, 2019, 10:17:59 AM
KS 8.0.247 and  KS 8.2.80
With my model loaded, I am not able to Shift+LMB drag over a group of objects to multi-select them. It drags and produces the rectangular marquee, but then disappears without selecting them. View Selection Outlines is enabled.  When marquee selecting nothing is selected in the scene tree either - i.e. it's not an issue of not seeing the selection - the selection isn't seen because the selection isn't taking place. Changing the preference to "Use CPU for Selection Outline" doesn't produce any different results either.

This happened with earlier versions of KS8, but I also just installed the latest from the site as it looked to have a laundry list of updates and bug squashes, but alas, the new version doesn't seem to have solved it either.

I'm going to try a different model to see if it's just this one in particular, but I'm not sure why it would just present in one.

mattjgerard

Quote from: Francisco on March 26, 2019, 03:49:45 PM

If you drag from left to right it will only select objects that fully in the box.
If you drag from right to left it will then select anything the box is touching.

Didn't see THAT in the help section! Interesting way of doing it, that's going on a sticky note on my monitor!

theAVator

Quote from: mattjgerard on March 27, 2019, 07:33:26 AM
Quote from: Francisco on March 26, 2019, 03:49:45 PM

Didn't see THAT in the help section! Interesting way of doing it, that's going on a sticky note on my monitor!

Yeah, No crap. lol Super helpful to know!

Sadly though in this case neither worked. It just flat out wouldn't select anything. Fully enclosing a part or group of parts in the marquee produced the same result as dragging over a section of the model - it would just disappear and nothing the tree would be selected.

Oddly enough, it would only happen in this model. My next project, the model worked just fine. So, idk what would corrupt this function in the program, but that particular file had it going on.

Francisco

Hello theAVator,

Can you try to import the bip file into KeyShot and then see if you still get the same results? If you do get the same results would you be able to share a KSP with us so that can we try to reproduce it? If we are able to reproduce it we can have it looked into and see if there was an issue that needs fixing.

You can send the file to use at https://keyshot.wetransfer.com/ and send it to support@luxion.com