[RESOLVED] Rendered Images have weird lines

Started by vvis718, March 14, 2019, 11:18:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vvis718

Hello community people

I recently started learning KeyShot and I love using this software, I have been rendering for a company I work with for a few months now, and while going through some renders I found some weird lines appearing on the rendered images.

Brief workplace info, the company's IT person has setup the config in a way that I can send the images to be rendered at the company's server using a Network Queue software, the server details are:

2 - Intel Xenon E5540 CPU @ 2.53 GHz with 8 Cores each (32 Cores overall)
60 GB ram
Windows 10 Pro
KeyShot 7.3 Enterprise with Floating License

So the settings that I have been rendering were (see attached pic):
Resolution : 640x480 (Pre-set)
Max Samples: 500
DPI: 200

I have tried ways to figure out why this is happening but could not find a solution as I need it to be at 640x480 resolution and rendering on the local machine will make me wait.

Somethings that I have tried:
1) When I render locally on my machine with the same settings, the lines vanish.

2) If I increase the resolution, one higher, from the presets, and render it via the server, the lines disappear.

I have rendered a few other designs as well and have not seen something like this with the same settings.

I have attached some images for more information, if you need further information let me know.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Regards

Francisco

Hello vvis718,

I was wondering if you would be able to share that file with us so that we can look into the issue you are having with a line appearing in your renders? We would like to see what is causing this and if we can reproduce this on our end? You can send the file to us using this link https://keyshot.wetransfer.com/ so the files are sent securely.

Quote from: vvis718 on March 14, 2019, 11:28:38 AM
Hello community people

I recently started learning KeyShot and I love using this software, I have been rendering for a company I work with for a few months now, and while going through some renders I found some weird lines appearing on the rendered images.

Brief workplace info, the company's IT person has setup the config in a way that I can send the images to be rendered at the company's server using a Network Queue software, the server details are:

2 - Intel Xenon E5540 CPU @ 2.53 GHz with 8 Cores each (32 Cores overall)
60 GB ram
Windows 10 Pro
KeyShot 7.3 Enterprise with Floating License

So the settings that I have been rendering were (see attached pic):
Resolution : 640x480 (Pre-set)
Max Samples: 500
DPI: 200

I have tried ways to figure out why this is happening but could not find a solution as I need it to be at 640x480 resolution and rendering on the local machine will make me wait.

Somethings that I have tried:
1) When I render locally on my machine with the same settings, the lines vanish.

2) If I increase the resolution, one higher, from the presets, and render it via the server, the lines disappear.

I have rendered a few other designs as well and have not seen something like this with the same settings.

I have attached some images for more information, if you need further information let me know.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Regards

vvis718

Yeah sure, I will do it soon.

Thanks

Regards

andy.engelkemier

I think I've had this before, and it may have also been on a scene with GI going through glass.
Does it still do it if you turn off GI Cache in the custom render settings? (warning: your render time will be longer, but at 640x480 that shouldn't be an issue)

vvis718

Hey Andy

As you have advised me, I found that rendering on the server is not possible with custom settings but locally it is, so I could not replicate and see if your solution works, is there a way around this?

P.S. Rendering on the local machine even with the default settings i.e. the GI cache turned ON, the lines do not appear. (See my post)

Thanks

Regards

Quote from: andy.engelkemier on March 15, 2019, 10:25:28 AM
I think I've had this before, and it may have also been on a scene with GI going through glass.
Does it still do it if you turn off GI Cache in the custom render settings? (warning: your render time will be longer, but at 640x480 that shouldn't be an issue)

vvis718

Quote from: Francisco on March 14, 2019, 03:11:09 PM
Hello vvis718,

I was wondering if you would be able to share that file with us so that we can look into the issue you are having with a line appearing in your renders? We would like to see what is causing this and if we can reproduce this on our end? You can send the file to us using this link https://keyshot.wetransfer.com/ so the files are sent securely.

Hey Francisco

I have sent you the file a few minutes ago, let me know what you find.

Thank you

Regards

Francisco

Hello vvis718,

I was able to reproduce the same line in your render when sending it to the network. I was not able to reproduce it when using another type of render. I was looking at your render and noticed it was in Interior mode and made the change to Product mode and have attached the images for you to see what I got when sending to the network. Also, I included the two different settings that I used as one has Global Illumination Cache on and another one was off.

vvis718

Quote from: Francisco on March 18, 2019, 02:23:40 PM
Hello vvis718,

I was able to reproduce the same line in your render when sending it to the network. I was not able to reproduce it when using another type of render. I was looking at your render and noticed it was in Interior mode and made the change to Product mode and have attached the images for you to see what I got when sending to the network. Also, I included the two different settings that I used as one has Global Illumination Cache on and another one was off.

Thanks for that Francisco, I do want it in interior mode but if there isn't any solution to this issue then I think I have to start rendering it in the Product mode.

Thanks again :D

Regards
vvis718