Surfaces not importing

Started by Cliff Stanton, October 07, 2011, 05:22:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cliff Stanton

We have an assembly model and in this model there is a 3d digital display.

To make the surfaces in Solid edge assembly visible it is necessary to right click after import and use the pop up command to show surfaces, then it will display see clip. (surfaces.jpg)

However on import to Keyshot the surface is not visible  in the scene tree (surfaces2.jpg) Note; txt obscured by red line on the clip deliberately to protect customer confidentiality.

nor is it visible on screen (surfaces3.jpg)

is this a known issue?

Chad Holton

Hi Lincat,

You are saying you are importing this into SE, then saving it as SE and then bringing it into KeyShot? If so, what is the format you are importing into SE?

Chad

Cliff Stanton

Hi Chad,

4 ignore 4 (i have tried to modify this post but it appears to still be visible even after refreshing the page)
5 shows missing part in keyshot (missing part is the iges import into EC16) visible parts are the additional items that my colleague has added
6 shows parts in se
7 shows part as it appears in the SE tree (missing iges part in keyshot)
TIA
Cliff

Cliff Stanton

Also for inf; The iges imports into keyshot fine when as a  stand alone iges model.

The keyshot import filter needs investigation to see if it has a bug that prevents embedded iges imports in SE assemblies from displaying correctly.

Apologies for earlier posts being a bit disjointed; (you know what it's liek when your having to meet deadlines!)

regards
Cliff

Cliff Stanton

Any Ideas? I have tried to import as step file also but no joy see attached for Inf.

Chad Holton

Hi Cliff,

Can you send the STP and SE assembly to support@luxion.com?

Thanks,
Chad

Cliff Stanton

Hi Chad I have sent a zipped rar containing these files and others. (I have added these here for thread followers.)
I hope you can help me with this problem.