invalid object - ground plane

Started by andy.engelkemier, March 16, 2019, 08:43:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy.engelkemier

ok, Also the "Copy to clipboard" isn't doing anything. So I manually typed it here. This is what I got after saving, and reopening my file.

Invalid id [1596400140] specified for lux_object_from_id

invalid id 1596400140 specified for instance

Removing empty instance "Ground plane"

I closed keyshot and opened it again because I was showing the ground plane for shadows, but I created another material (just a mirror) because I wanted just a layer with reflections (yeah, I don't like how you treat floor reflections, sorry. Not enough control in post)

So I had a multi material on the ground plane. But it stopped switching. now, i was Also using the generic material for that.

So, odd thing with the file here. I had the ground plane all alone in a model set. There is now a ground plane group, with no ground plane in it. And there is a copy of the ground plane I create, maybe in a different model set altogether. I don't even think it was ever there. The name is "Tray Ground." maybe it saw that name and jumped somehow?
NO idea. I am lost on that. Luckily it's just a ground plane. Really easy to recreate.

For keyshot employees, if you need a file on that I could probably get you one, just ask me about file OP22. I'll be sure all the versions are saved. I've been keeping copies every 30-60 minutes as a new version just to be safe.

Francisco

Hello andy.engelkemier

If you don't mind sending me a KSP file that was causing this to happen so I can test it on my end and see if I can reproduce it? I was trying to follow the steps you gave but was not able to reproduce it on my end so your file could help with this.

You can send the file to us at https://keyshot.wetransfer.com/ and email to support@luxion.com.

Quote from: andy.engelkemier on March 16, 2019, 08:43:50 AM
ok, Also the "Copy to clipboard" isn't doing anything. So I manually typed it here. This is what I got after saving, and reopening my file.

Invalid id [1596400140] specified for lux_object_from_id

invalid id 1596400140 specified for instance

Removing empty instance "Ground plane"

I closed keyshot and opened it again because I was showing the ground plane for shadows, but I created another material (just a mirror) because I wanted just a layer with reflections (yeah, I don't like how you treat floor reflections, sorry. Not enough control in post)

So I had a multi material on the ground plane. But it stopped switching. now, i was Also using the generic material for that.

So, odd thing with the file here. I had the ground plane all alone in a model set. There is now a ground plane group, with no ground plane in it. And there is a copy of the ground plane I create, maybe in a different model set altogether. I don't even think it was ever there. The name is "Tray Ground." maybe it saw that name and jumped somehow?
NO idea. I am lost on that. Luckily it's just a ground plane. Really easy to recreate.

For keyshot employees, if you need a file on that I could probably get you one, just ask me about file OP22. I'll be sure all the versions are saved. I've been keeping copies every 30-60 minutes as a new version just to be safe.

Francisco

There have been no replies to this post for more than two weeks, therefore, it has been locked.
If you still need help please open a new post.

• Post closed by Luxion Support Team