Neon Sign Fun - Inspired by Andrew Price's latest tutorial

Started by DMerz III, March 17, 2019, 08:46:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DMerz III

Bit of fun with the new BlenderGuru tutorial over the weekend. Got some great practice modeling with bezier curves and learning the new digs in Blender 2.8.
Rendered this in Keyshot 8.2 of course. Almost zero post-production (light curves adjustment in PS). The concrete wall is displaced in KS, and is a poliigon.com texture.

Had a lot of fun with this! Seemed simple at first, but then I just wanted to keep going and going.  :D

Zeltronic

DMerz III

TGS808

DMerz III

richardfunnell

Looks super good! Nice details in the transformer without being distracting!!

TGS808

Hey, Richard! Haven't seen you around these parts in a while. Nice to have you back!

richardfunnell

Quote from: TGS808 on March 18, 2019, 08:33:52 PM
Hey, Richard! Haven't seen you around these parts in a while. Nice to have you back!

Thanks so much! Nice to be back in these parts :)

DMerz III

Quote from: richardfunnell on March 18, 2019, 06:35:52 PM
Looks super good! Nice details in the transformer without being distracting!!

Thanks man! The whole time I kept saying.. 'okay...that's probably overkill...tha'ts probably too much.." but I think with the low-lighting it eventually struck the right balance. Always nice when those extra few hours of work don't ruin the end result and turn out for naught.

And I agree with TGS, glad to see you on here! Welcome back!

TGS808

Quote from: DMerz III on March 19, 2019, 11:45:39 AM

Thanks man! The whole time I kept saying.. 'okay...that's probably overkill...tha'ts probably too much.."

Overkill? Too much? Nope. And that little "III MERZ-THIRD" logo on it is the icing on the cake. Love it!

bdesign

This is so cool, David! One of my favorite renders I've seen on this forum. Love the subdued color palette. Very photographic quality.  Viewed full rez, the texture detail is fantastic :)

Cheers,
Eric

DMerz III

Quote from: TGS808 on March 19, 2019, 01:55:15 PM
Overkill? Too much? Nope. And that little "III MERZ-THIRD" logo on it is the icing on the cake. Love it!

Haha, my wife was not a fan of that part, I should let her know! (actually, maybe I better not  ;))

Quote from: bdesign on March 19, 2019, 02:48:24 PM
This is so cool, David! One of my favorite renders I've seen on this forum. Love the subdued color palette. Very photographic quality.  Viewed full rez, the texture detail is fantastic :)

Cheers,
Eric

WOW, Eric! That is a HIGH compliment and I am honored you think so.  ;D ;D ;D Really really appreciate the extra look as well. A lot of my daily work involves not going off-script too much, and this was a very fun project to just let loose. Great encouragement from you guys definitely makes it worth it!

bdesign

You're welcome, David! And...if it means creating this kind of imagery, then I encourage you to go "off-script" more often!

Cheers,
Eric

LM6

'Overkill' ..are you serious David, throw in some smoke , more glows, lasers hahaha
Its a great image  :)

puyopuyo