Rendering Liquid - Achieving a "bourbon" color - gradation applications

Started by ldichiara, March 22, 2019, 06:51:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ldichiara

Hi All
I have a set up where I am trying to render liquid (bourbon) in a bottle - l am having a challenging time getting this to look realistic - partially because of the gradient transitions of how the material looks in real life.
Has anyone done anything like this? Any suggestions?
One approach I was contemplating (if it is possible) is creating a series of color/gradiant layer effects and setting varying degrees of opacity.

Appreciate any insight.

L

Finema

Will Gibbons

Quote from: ldichiara on March 22, 2019, 06:51:42 AM
Hi All
I have a set up where I am trying to render liquid (bourbon) in a bottle - l am having a challenging time getting this to look realistic - partially because of the gradient transitions of how the material looks in real life.
Has anyone done anything like this? Any suggestions?
One approach I was contemplating (if it is possible) is creating a series of color/gradiant layer effects and setting varying degrees of opacity.

Appreciate any insight.

L

Hi Lenny,

Honestly, the material should do this automatically as KeyShot's materials are written based on real-world material properties. One thing I'd recommend is to make sure you're following the process for creating liquids in glass (which was updated) for KeyShot 8. Here's a link: https://blog.keyshot.com/render-liquid-glass-keyshot. The actual gradients should come from the bottle shape and scale of the object as well as the transparency distance of the liquid material. If you're having issues with a particular are, make sure to share your results and draw our attention to the areas that aren't working the way you want. Hope this helps.

ldichiara

Thanks Will - Just saw this response. I overlapped the two materials and it made things look much better. Glad to see I was going down the right path. The tricky part believe it or not was achieving the correct color. Choosing a color in the palette inevitably was coming out a bit different than what was anticipated but after some trial and error I got it looking pretty good.

Lenny

DMerz III

Nice render, Finema!

And yeah, the liquid color can be tricky with liquids. Usually, I start with lower saturated colors and play with the transparency slider to get the desired intensity.

Finema

Quote from: DMerz III on April 15, 2019, 07:26:52 PM
Nice render, Finema!
Thanks David  ;)
Quote from: DMerz III on April 15, 2019, 07:26:52 PM
Usually, I start with lower saturated colors and play with the transparency slider to get the desired intensity.
same for me