Radial Engine Animation

Started by Dcabral, March 24, 2019, 04:40:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dcabral

Hi everyone  :)

I recently finished making this animation showing the full assembly sequence of a Radial Engine (used to power lightweight aircraft).

Many hours went into this project and I am very pleased with the outcome, especially since it is the first animation I have created and I am entirely self-taught - hence I am extremely pleased with Keyshot for being so user friendly!

I hope you enjoy watching it.

https://youtu.be/w6PgUx6LZVM

designgestalt

this is ABSOLUTELY fantastic!
In the beginning I was like: no way I will watch an almost 5 minutes assembly animation.
but this was breathtaking ...!

cheers
designgestalt

DMerz III

holy mother of ram, what did that scene tree look like???

great job!

Zeltronic

Aneurismone

truly stunning, how much did it take you to animate the whole thing?

Eric Summers

Wow! That was incredibly satisfying to watch! That must have taken a lot of time to get everything just right. There are so many aspects I liked, so I'll just say I liked the whole thing. :) Nicely done, Dan.

theAVator

Wowee!
Just the complexity of managing that many parts and individual animations, plus great camera movements, and nice clean materials, it's simply amazing!

Like everyone else, I'm curious how long to animate and then how long to render?

Will Gibbons

Man, this is awesome! Heck of a job there! I watched it at 2x and personally would probably speed it up so it is no longer than 1 minute for the full assembly. That said, I really love everything you did to this. If there was one thing to improve though, I'd just suggest you speed it up.

Öner

wow, how many parts in there?

Dcabral

Quote from: designgestalt on March 24, 2019, 12:36:58 PM
this is ABSOLUTELY fantastic!
In the beginning I was like: no way I will watch an almost 5 minutes assembly animation.
but this was breathtaking ...!

cheers
designgestalt

Hey Designgestalt, I am glad you liked it and it was worth while in the end haha.  Really appreciate your kind words :)

Dcabral

Quote from: DMerz III on March 24, 2019, 09:55:43 PM
holy mother of ram, what did that scene tree look like???

great job!

Haha it was a monster - I had soooooo many folders and sub-folders to organise component animations and camera movements!

This is a link to drawings that I did for the Engine Assembly and Overhaul Manuals - https://www.dancabraldesign.com/r2800-expv-drawings

Thanks mate!

Dcabral

Dcabral

Quote from: Aneurismone on March 25, 2019, 05:06:15 AM
truly stunning, how much did it take you to animate the whole thing?

Thanks mate  :D

I am not sure exactly how long it took as I initially worked on it full time for around 2-3 months while I was working at Rotec.  But then spent over a year chipping away at it in my spare time or as background task on a spare PC.

Only answer I can give you is - a very long time! haha

Dcabral

Quote from: Eric Summers on March 25, 2019, 06:42:06 AM
Wow! That was incredibly satisfying to watch! That must have taken a lot of time to get everything just right. There are so many aspects I liked, so I'll just say I liked the whole thing. :) Nicely done, Dan.

Hi Eric, yeah it did take a ages to try to perfect everything haha.  I really appreciate your positive feedback mate!

Dcabral

Quote from: Öner on March 27, 2019, 10:35:54 PM
wow, how many parts in there?

Over 2,000 parts!  From memory I think there are 2,487 in total!