INTECH® M24.005 CMF Lamp

Started by Shaun Wellens, March 25, 2019, 08:17:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shaun Wellens

Hey all,

Just wanted to post some images I created using Keyshot for my latest project - the INTECH® M24.005 CMF Lamp. It started as a project for Tim Zarki's Industrial Design Foundations on Learn Squared, and it ended going on to become this elaborate project with an entire company back story, service design and packaging. Below is some of the copy I wrote for Instagram (@shaunwellens) and Behance (www.behance.net/shaunwellens):

- Born from the ashes of Tenown Inc. - Sir Bernard Lee's first Hong Kong-based passion project - INTECH® are the designers and manufacturers of high-end essential hardware for creative professionals. With vast amounts of the physically-intense jobs being occupied by artificial life, the creative industry boomed in the 2110's, birthing a new marketplace and increasing demand for 'prosumer' products geared towards creatives. Today, in 2142, INTECH® are the world-leaders in this ever-growing market.

- The INTECH® M24.005 CMF Lamp was created for creative professionals working with colours, materials and finishes in industries such as industrial design, graphic design, print and textiles. The user is able to accurately simulate daylight by adjusting the temperature and brightness. The temperature can also be tuned towards the other end of the kelvin spectrum, making it easier on the eyes whilst burning the midnight oil.

- INTECH® consider themselves the pioneers of sustainable design - crafting products that last a lifetime, and those that don't are recycled and re-purposed appropriately. As part of the extensive World-Sustenance™ policy at the company, INTECH® offer a generous 50% payment return on your purchase of a new LED enclosure when you return your old one to them for recycling. Upon ordering a replacement, your enclosure will be sealed inside a 100% bio-degradable sleeve and shipped to your door. Placing your old or faulty LED enclosure back in to the sleeve and returning to INTECH® is a small but noble act of kindness that will greatly improve the environmental health of our world.

- INTECH® experiences are precise and considered - even those that come before the product. Aiming to create packaging that - in itself - would be considered a great design, INTECH® produced a layered interaction that the customer would be reluctant to dispose of. You're to slide thick, embossed card and lift rough, smokey plastic before being greeted with a letter from the founder and chieftain of the company - Sir Bernard Lee.

I hope you all like the images - cheers!

Shaun Wellens

The remainder of the images (there were actually over 50 images produced for the project - these are just the selected ones).

Josip_ZG

Hi, Shaun.
It's good to see someone's own product here. Details are modeled beautifully. I especially like how 4th render explicitly shows the product is not just plain boards with fillets and no thought-process in form-making.
Render before the last one also.
Images on Behance where it casts light look clean and nice, too. But the intention behind them was to show the product in a best way, rather than focusing on how the light would behave in reality - am I right? If so, it intrigues me to see how it would actually work when used in a realistic environment. Do you think it can be achieved in Keyshot, with or without post-processing?

Thanks.

Zeltronic

Everythings looks perfect, nothing to say but beautifull ;)

Shaun Wellens

Quote from: Josip_ZG on March 25, 2019, 08:37:02 AM
Hi, Shaun.
It's good to see someone's own product here. Details are modeled beautifully. I especially like how 4th render explicitly shows the product is not just plain boards with fillets and no thought-process in form-making.
Render before the last one also.
Images on Behance where it casts light look clean and nice, too. But the intention behind them was to show the product in a best way, rather than focusing on how the light would behave in reality - am I right? If so, it intrigues me to see how it would actually work when used in a realistic environment. Do you think it can be achieved in Keyshot, with or without post-processing?

Thanks.

Hi mate,

Thanks for the kind words!

In relation to your comments about the images showing light casting from the lamp, I have no idea if this is how it would behave in the real world, some lights have a certain directionality (if that's even a word) to them I guess, so I can't say for sure. However, it was achieved in Keyshot using physical lights and scatter volume - the only post-processing was additional colour-grading.

Cheers!

Shaun Wellens

Quote from: Zeltronic on March 25, 2019, 08:45:44 AM
Everythings looks perfect, nothing to say but beautifull ;)

Thanks mate!

RRIS

Will Gibbons

These are fantastic! Really love how much of a style you have to your imagery. For some reason, when I see your work, I know it's yours right away. May I ask what material was used for that frosted plastic bit of the packaging? Really well-executed!

Shaun Wellens

Shaun Wellens

Quote from: Will Gibbons on March 25, 2019, 10:35:22 AM
These are fantastic! Really love how much of a style you have to your imagery. For some reason, when I see your work, I know it's yours right away. May I ask what material was used for that frosted plastic bit of the packaging? Really well-executed!

Ah thanks, Will! That's really nice of you to say - I appreciate it. The frosted plastic is just a straight-up Keyshot cloudy plastic material.

Esben Oxholm

Top of the line work right there, Shaun.
Looks stunning. I'm impressed with the depth of this work and the hours I'm sure you have put into it.

Respect!

Shaun Wellens

Quote from: Esben Oxholm on March 25, 2019, 11:45:10 AM
Top of the line work right there, Shaun.
Looks stunning. I'm impressed with the depth of this work and the hours I'm sure you have put into it.

Respect!

Cheers Esben, I really appreciate it!

Yeah, it was quite a few hours! Hahaha

richardfunnell

Wow, these are wonderful images, and a really lovely concept overall. Very clean, cohesive visual style. Great work!!

TGS808

These are nothing short of stunning, Shaun. Which is pretty much what I've come to expect from you. If I called out everything I liked in specifics, we'd be here all day.

And, since I have your attention.... how's the materials course coming along? I know you were targeting the end of March to have it ready. Have you got good news??  :D

Shaun Wellens

Quote from: richardfunnell on March 25, 2019, 02:03:29 PM
Wow, these are wonderful images, and a really lovely concept overall. Very clean, cohesive visual style. Great work!!

Thank you!