Camera Animation

Started by Will Gibbons, March 26, 2019, 11:23:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will Gibbons

Been a minute since I shared anything here. This is not new, but something I haven't posted yet. Went ahead and made this animation in my spare time. Was fortunate enough to have a couple of friends create the audio which brings another level of interest to it I think. Would like to hear your thoughts or suggestions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Esk0ZKUPxbI

DMerz III

Amazing stuff, Will!

Just shared it with my whole team we watched it in the studio here together, very impressive!

Mauricio Ruiz Design

Wow! This looks awesome! I especially liked the movement of the camera when it snapped back together at approx 36 seconds. The movement was very fluid! Nice work!

Jed Galecki

Beautiful stuff, is it the dust on the lens @0:41? Amazing.

mattjgerard

Anytime you can get animation and audio synced together, its a fantastic thing. The animated light sources are really slick. Some of the camera moves get a bit loopy, kind of looks like the beziers of the path got a little out of control (my main problem when animating in After Effects!) but didn't distract from the overall mood. Being an audio engineer for many years I'm happy to see a piece that put so much work and time into a cool soundtrack. Nicely done all around!

Will Gibbons

Quote from: DMerz III on March 26, 2019, 12:24:01 PM
Amazing stuff, Will!

Just shared it with my whole team we watched it in the studio here together, very impressive!

Thanks man! That's so cool! Glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for putting me in touch with Zac!

Quote from: Mauricio Ruiz Design on March 26, 2019, 10:23:06 PM
Wow! This looks awesome! I especially liked the movement of the camera when it snapped back together at approx 36 seconds. The movement was very fluid! Nice work!

Thanks Mauricio! Exploded views are fun, but exploded views in reverse are even cooler! haha

Quote from: Jed Galecki on March 27, 2019, 01:22:49 AM
Beautiful stuff, is it the dust on the lens @0:41? Amazing.

Yeah! Good eye ;) Got some poliigon dust in there.

Quote from: mattjgerard on March 27, 2019, 07:29:53 AM
Anytime you can get animation and audio synced together, its a fantastic thing. The animated light sources are really slick. Some of the camera moves get a bit loopy, kind of looks like the beziers of the path got a little out of control (my main problem when animating in After Effects!) but didn't distract from the overall mood. Being an audio engineer for many years I'm happy to see a piece that put so much work and time into a cool soundtrack. Nicely done all around!

Thanks Matt! Yeah, this was mostly camera paths and completely done in KeyShot. Definitely tough when trying to do something with lots of short/quick movements. Really appreciate it!

Öner

motions are impressive with sounds.

Eugen Fetsch

Kudos Will (& Zac). :o very well made! The sound design and the animation play nicely together. 
Just few points on the details (that you are aware of, for sure):
- I've missed the threads  ;D   
- moving out the flash LEDs looks a little bit odd. They are half cutted and the holes in the case are missing
- There is still noise in some areas/shots. It can be easily removed by denoising in post. You can use clown pass as a mask for the specific area (flash light glas), so it doesn't wash out the full image. Try this one - it does wonder: https://neatvideo.com

Cheers
Eugen

Will Gibbons

Quote from: camomiles on March 28, 2019, 12:29:36 AM
Kudos Will (& Zac). :o very well made! The sound design and the animation play nicely together. 
Just few points on the details (that you are aware of, for sure):
- I've missed the threads  ;D   
- moving out the flash LEDs looks a little bit odd. They are half cutted and the holes in the case are missing
- There is still noise in some areas/shots. It can be easily removed by denoising in post. You can use clown pass as a mask for the specific area (flash light glas), so it doesn't wash out the full image. Try this one - it does wonder: https://neatvideo.com

Cheers
Eugen

Hah, yeah! This model was not actually made for this project and thus was not fully detailed, so naturally, there is a lack of internal detail. I've been telling myself they're futuristic electro-magnetic bolts that don't require threads (haha who am I kidding?)

Thanks!