Remove Material Diffuse Color in Shadows?

Started by Rollk1, April 03, 2019, 05:56:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rollk1

Is it possible to have the diffuse color not show in shadows? For example I have a green item and the shadows have a
predominately green hue whereas I'd like the shadows to be monochrome. The material type is plastic and the diffuse setting is the only one that resolves it, but then obviously the item changes color. Any work around?

RRIS

Self-shadows, or cast shadows on the ground? If the latter, disable global illumination.. only other option I can think of is render in passes and desaturate the shadow pass (but I've never tried this myself.. worth a shot?)

mattjgerard

Quote from: RRIS on April 04, 2019, 12:11:06 AM
Self-shadows, or cast shadows on the ground? If the latter, disable global illumination.. only other option I can think of is render in passes and desaturate the shadow pass (but I've never tried this myself.. worth a shot?)

I do this with colored reflections all the time with our LED products. They want the color saturated (bright) but not to reflect to much on surrounding objects (not physically correct, but hey I'm just the 3D guy)

Rollk1

Figured it out, I forgot there's a "ground illumination" setting in lighting :)

DMerz III

Ground Illumination is probably what you're looking for, you could always disable the global illumination as well but that might make the rest of your object suffer a loss in realism.