move in geometry same/not same as realtime

Started by andy.engelkemier, March 14, 2019, 06:11:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy.engelkemier

So this is very confusing. And I would much rather them be "linked"

Go to geometry view and select something from the assembly. Hit Ctrl+D and start a move. Hit "o" to get rid of geometry view. Ok, realtime view matches. Now I want to move it in realtime view. Ctrl+D. And you're moving again. Move it some.
Head back over to realtime view, and the part snaps to where you'd expect.

So these are going back and forth. Sort of. But they sort of work against eachother. Because if you hit escape in one, it doesn't close the other. The move tool is only effecting the move for that view. Geometry view updates realtime view in real time, but not the other way around.

I'd Really like those to just be linked so that moving a part activates moving the part no matter what, in both views. Accepting in one, should close both. And cancelling one should cancel both.

I got really thrown because I had gone back to geometry view, selected a part, and it would only move the assembly. Realtime view has the assembly move activated. So when I went back to geometry view, the move wouldn't move my selection. It would only move the assembly. It was really odd.

It took me some time to realize that those weren't linked at all. I didn't expect that because it's just a different view.

mattjgerard

I have been using the geometry view as an orthographic top back left right view more recentlywhich leaving the real time view as my camera view, and it works quite well.

Except for this exact thing I was thinking yesterday.

I totally agree 100% Plus if I want to move a group, have to select that group in the scene tree, then carefully click on the frame of the geometry view to activate that window then hit the hotkey for the move tool ( I made mine the M key) Would be really nice to just as you say, have them linked.

Francisco

Hello andy.engelkemier,

Thank you for reporting this to us, I will be filing this to be tested and looked into by the correct department.

Quote from: andy.engelkemier on March 14, 2019, 06:11:22 AM
So this is very confusing. And I would much rather them be "linked"

Go to geometry view and select something from the assembly. Hit Ctrl+D and start a move. Hit "o" to get rid of geometry view. Ok, realtime view matches. Now I want to move it in realtime view. Ctrl+D. And you're moving again. Move it some.
Head back over to realtime view, and the part snaps to where you'd expect.

So these are going back and forth. Sort of. But they sort of work against eachother. Because if you hit escape in one, it doesn't close the other. The move tool is only effecting the move for that view. Geometry view updates realtime view in real time, but not the other way around.

I'd Really like those to just be linked so that moving a part activates moving the part no matter what, in both views. Accepting in one, should close both. And cancelling one should cancel both.

I got really thrown because I had gone back to geometry view, selected a part, and it would only move the assembly. Realtime view has the assembly move activated. So when I went back to geometry view, the move wouldn't move my selection. It would only move the assembly. It was really odd.

It took me some time to realize that those weren't linked at all. I didn't expect that because it's just a different view.

Francisco

Hello andy.engelkemier,

I would like to thank you for reporting this to us. We have forwarded this issue to the correct department for investigation.
Since there have been no replies or updates to this post for more than two weeks, it's been locked.
If you still need help please open a new post.

Post closed by Luxion Support Team