imported object Not in tree!?

Started by andy.engelkemier, March 28, 2019, 09:59:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy.engelkemier

So this is a new one.

I got asked to add one part to some renders we did a week ago. The original file came from Rhino, 2 models. It's split into 3 model sets because one had two color versions. That was easier than switching multi materials in this case.

So I imported a file with two pieces in it. I didn't pay attention to which layer the pieces were in in Rhino. It's two parts, and I was in a hurry. *shrug*

So the file came in. I see it. I can select both parts. I can rename them, and even assign a material.
BUT, they aren't in the model tree, at all. Turned on all 3 model sets. Not there.

So I copied the parts to a new Rhino file, then saved that. Imported, and everything is normal.

I'm wondering if, because the layers previously existed in Keyshot, if it freaked out? Well, no idea, but it was a really strange bug. I thought I'd mention it so it might get logged. It really seems like we have lots of trouble with Rhino files.  :-\

Francisco

Hello andy.engelkemier,

Would you be able to share the files and some screenshots with us so that we can look into this and see if we are able to reproduce this on our end?

You can send the files to support@luxion.com using https://keyshot.wetransfer.com/. Can you add the link to the post in the message so we can keep track of it as well?

Quote from: andy.engelkemier on March 28, 2019, 09:59:32 AM
So this is a new one.

I got asked to add one part to some renders we did a week ago. The original file came from Rhino, 2 models. It's split into 3 model sets because one had two color versions. That was easier than switching multi materials in this case.

So I imported a file with two pieces in it. I didn't pay attention to which layer the pieces were in in Rhino. It's two parts, and I was in a hurry. *shrug*

So the file came in. I see it. I can select both parts. I can rename them, and even assign a material.
BUT, they aren't in the model tree, at all. Turned on all 3 model sets. Not there.

So I copied the parts to a new Rhino file, then saved that. Imported, and everything is normal.

I'm wondering if, because the layers previously existed in Keyshot, if it freaked out? Well, no idea, but it was a really strange bug. I thought I'd mention it so it might get logged. It really seems like we have lots of trouble with Rhino files.  :-\

Francisco

Hello andy.engelkemier,

There have been no replies to this post for more than two weeks, therefore, it has been locked.
If you still need help please open a new post.

Post closed by Luxion Support Team