Main Menu

Save package issue

Started by ebispence, April 02, 2019, 01:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ebispence

Hi,

I've recently finished a scene and am now trying to package up to send to a render farm, however when I try to save to package the file looks as though it's saving but the saved file never actually saves?

I can save the huge .bip file but not .ksp (which is required by the render farm).

I've saved packaged files in the past so I'm wondering if this is an issue with the latest version?

I'm currently using the latest version of KeyShot 8.2.

I'm on a mac pro.

I am currently getting the dreaded 'machine running out of disk space' message but still have at least 10GB of disk space left?
I was thinking maybe the machine was running out of virtual memory or something while saving but surely the file wouldn't appear to save the file then?

Thanks

Spencer

mattjgerard

Hve you tried to save to a different drive, maybe  an external one?

ebispence

Yes I saved to both main machine and an external drive, the file turned up on neither?

ebispence

Solved the issue.

From deleting enough space on my main computer...

Even though I was saving to another external drive the process of creating the ksp in the first place was running out of memory.

mattjgerard

Yikes. So there must be some temp file that is taking up much space. I know there are some odd files like geometry.ext and things that are created when I send things to the network renderer that take up quite a bit of space, so wonder if that was it.

DMerz III

Yeah, low space is probably the culprit, having 10GB free is usually not enough for your computer to operate smoothly, this is probably a precaution to prevent a fatal error and render your hard drive useless.

Glad freeing up space was the simple solution. Otherwise, I've never had an issue saving out a KSP with 8.2 (on windows 10 though).

Bruno F

Hello ebispence,

We've found that moving from a node-locked (single machine) license to a floating license will cause problems when trying to save a BIP file. For more information, click this link: https://www.keyshot.com/forum/index.php?topic=23863.0

However, if a KSP is not able to save it could be due to two things:

1. Anti-virus (or other security software).
2. Lack of disk space.

Bruno F

This topic has been locked due to inactivity. For help with a similar issue, please create a new thread.

Thank You,
Luxion Support Team