map rotated to object in Model mode

Started by andy.engelkemier, April 10, 2019, 08:50:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy.engelkemier

I was going to ask how the heck to do this, but when I went to screen grab an animated gif of what was going on, it was fixed.

I have a model that was imported with the lid opened 90 degrees. So in the model tree, that is the only part with rotation.
I applied a flat material with a gradient on it to Everything. I'm just making a mask for an interesting effect in photoshop.

But I have two problems here. 1, I can't see the planar map. I can move it, I just can't see the orange representation of the map in 3D space.
And 2, it didn't matter if I had the mode set to center on Model, or center on Part. The lid Always had the map rotated 90 degrees. I rotated the map in all sorts of axis, and it didn't change. It was always rotated 90.

Well, keyshot doesn't have a way to freeze transforms. I ended up taking just that part outside of it's parent. We rotated the parent. The part took on the 90 degree rotation itself. But I switched back to center on model, and now it works as expected.
I still don't see the map, so it's difficult to know if the extents are correct, but it's really odd that a planar map is happening on multiple objects, but respecting the rotation in the first place.

I mean, that's ok, and could be desired, but I need to a way to freeze rotation then. If that was animated, yeah, I wouldn't want the texture to slide, so would need to be applied to the part.

It's very odd, so I thought i'd mention how it happened.

Francisco

Hello andy.engelkemier,

Would you be able to give me some information and share a new file so that I am able to see if we can reproduce the issue on our end?

Computer make and specs:

• Windows/Mac OS Version
  • Graphics Card Model
  • Processor Model[/]
Exact KeyShot Version (e.g. 8.2.80)
CAD Software and version or year (if applicable).
Step-by-Step instructions to re-create the issue you are seeing (if applicable).

• Open KeyShot Scene
  • Go to Project, Camera and add a camera
  • etc...
Screenshot(s) showing the issue that you are seeing (if applicable).

Please provide us with a sample file.  If it is an assembly please included all parts in a zipped folder.  You may send it securely via our WeTransfer https://keyshot.wetransfer.com/?msg=Your%20Case%20ID:70072%0ACase%20Subject:Logiciel+keyshot%0ASupport%20Agent:%20Francisco+Carrera&to=support@luxion.com

Please Make sure to include the following in the message field for your file upload:

• Your Case ID: 24231.0
  • The Case Subject: map rotated to object in Model mode
  • Support Agent: Francisco
Change the email from web@luxion.com to support@luxion.com so that way we are able to get the files.

I was going to ask how the heck to do this, but when I went to screen grab an animated gif of what was going on, it was fixed.

I have a model that was imported with the lid opened 90 degrees. So in the model tree, that is the only part with rotation.
I applied a flat material with a gradient on it to Everything. I'm just making a mask for an interesting effect in photoshop.

But I have two problems here. 1, I can't see the planar map. I can move it, I just can't see the orange representation of the map in 3D space.
And 2, it didn't matter if I had the mode set to center on Model, or center on Part. The lid Always had the map rotated 90 degrees. I rotated the map in all sorts of axis, and it didn't change. It was always rotated 90.

Well, keyshot doesn't have a way to freeze transforms. I ended up taking just that part outside of it's parent. We rotated the parent. The part took on the 90 degree rotation itself. But I switched back to center on model, and now it works as expected.
I still don't see the map, so it's difficult to know if the extents are correct, but it's really odd that a planar map is happening on multiple objects, but respecting the rotation in the first place.

I mean, that's ok, and could be desired, but I need to a way to freeze rotation then. If that was animated, yeah, I wouldn't want the texture to slide, so would need to be applied to the part.

It's very odd, so I thought i'd mention how it happened.

Bruno F

This topic has been locked due to inactivity. For help with a similar issue, please create a new thread.

Thank You,
Luxion Support Team