Export KeyShot camera to ZBrush ...how

Started by Artbot, March 23, 2019, 02:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Artbot

I'm trying to export my camera to ZBrush 2019  from KeySshot to match positions now that it is possible to do that, but I don't see where in KeyShot I can do this. I did a search on the Web, and here in the KeyShot  forum, but can't seem to find an answer. I have the ZBrush to KeyShot Bridge, and am very much looking forward to combining my renders in Photoshop.

Thank you
Have KeyShot 8.2 on a Mac.

LM6

You need to export to fbx from Keyshot and then import the fbx into Zbrush 2019 using the fbx plugin (import camera)  but there seems to be an issue with the Zbrush import

Artbot

Thanks, I have been trying to import the camera to ZBrush 2019-based on what you said, trying different ways, but each time ZBush gives me a file error and inside a Gray Box, it says "No Camera". I have tried keeping the camera selected in the KeyShot Project/Scene window, as well as looking at prefs, but neither the size of the KeyShot export window, nor the results within ZBrush give me a successful result. I also tried by making sure perspective was first on in ZBrush, but that didn't help either.

LM6

Quote from: Artbot on March 24, 2019, 05:34:30 PM
Thanks, I have been trying to import the camera to ZBrush 2019-based on what you said, trying different ways, but each time ZBush gives me a file error and inside a Gray Box, it says "No Camera". I have tried keeping the camera selected in the KeyShot Project/Scene window, as well as looking at prefs, but neither the size of the KeyShot export window, nor the results within ZBrush give me a successful result. I also tried by making sure perspective was first on in ZBrush, but that didn't help either.

When Zbrush 2019 came out a few weeks ago there was a issue  with the fbx plugin ( not sure if it was only on Mac) that caused the problems you have mentioned, ( no camera..etc), this was happening no matter what software had created the fbx, even fbx files that Zbrush itself had created, I contacted Pixologic and they sent me a plugin update ( not sure if they posted a link anywhere) which seemed to fix things , but, I never got round to checking fbx files exported  from Keyshot until you started this thread.

Fbx from Keyshot (8.2) do not  import properly, into Zbrush, the geo comes in but there is something going on with the camera, it doesn't work.

I have sent another message to Pixologic about this and will let you know what they say ASAP, maybe you should contact them as well.

In the meantime I decided to check if fbx files created by Keyshot would load correctly in c4d, they don't , the geo and camera do import but the settings for the camera and scene  are all wrong so Iam not sure if this is a Zbrush issue or a Keyshot issue or a bit of both.

C4D to Zbrush = yes
Zbrush to C4D = yes
Zbrush to Zbrush = yes
C4D to Keyshot = yes
Zbrush to Keyshot = yes
Keyshot to Keyshot = yes
Keyshot to c4d = no
Keyshot to Zbrush  = no

I hope that all makes sense.

Artbot

Yes, this does make sense. Thank you. I too am contacting Pixologic, and will also look forward to any updates/news that you find out.
Thank you again!

LM6

Just so you know, they got back to me, they are going to look into it.

Artbot

Just checking in to see if there's been any new feedback and what the status of the camera working back and forth is? Thank you.