label-transparency - .png

Started by fario, September 20, 2011, 07:18:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fario

I do not understand why my label has a white background.
I created with Photoshop, a label with transparent background and exported. Png.

Do you have a solution please?.

thank you in advance.

Antoine

guest84672

fario

yes! of course!

Thanks

Antoine

Speedster

I thought labels had to be TIFFs, with an alpha layer?  I always do them this way, and if I forget and place a jpeg instead, the background is white, or whatever.
Bill G

guest84672

JeffM

Please convert the image to 8 bit and it should work. We'll see if we can support 16 bit with transparency in the future.

fario

gypephyhoks

Hi

I am putting together a pie chart, where values for some slices is zero. 
The zero slice is not visible, but the label still appears 0.  Is there
any way of suppressing this label for the zero slice only so the other
slices still have value labels appearing ?

Many thanks for any help

carpite

i just had the same problem - png with transparency that's displayed as white background in Keyshot - even though I used 8bit mode - and then i had one of those ideas that are just stupid enough to work.

I remembered that the whole thing had worked before in another render and with another image. So i just took the images, opened it, cropped it to the size of the image i wanted to actually use and dropped that same image in there. Then erased the old image and saved that. Don't ask me why but this works like a charm.

There must be some kind of specific setting apart from the 8 bit thing that's set correct in this very image file. It's in the attachment so you guys can use it if necessary.

Just posting this in case someone stumbles upon the thread and has the same problem.

KeyShot

We have added support for 16 bit png with alpha in KeyShot 3.1

theone07

I just have image in png file and i tried upload for label. it shows whitebackground. What I'm trying to do is to remove  the white background so that I can have words image on the whiteboard. anyone know how to solve this problem? many thanks!

theone07

i got this figure it out, apparently I have to remove the white background in photopshop.  :(

theone07

never mind it doesnt work! help! :-[

Chad Holton

Are you able to upload the label for us to take a look?
What version of KeyShot are you using?

hahaderekface

I tried rendering this with the original PNG provided and didn't have any issues (other than having to scale it X=.005 Y=1).

What version of Keyshot are you running, and how did you import your model?