Pine PBR texture

Started by zooropa, April 11, 2019, 06:56:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zooropa

Hi, I am looking for a PBR wood pine texture (not flooring). I need to use it for a chair scene. I am willing to pay so any links or suggestions where I can access It will be very much appreciate it. I found one in Arroway, but they sell only packs and cost around 300 euros...maybe too much for one texture .

I am associated to poliigon , but no luck there.

Thanks a lot

RRIS

Look up some plywood textures and make your own :/

(found this, you may want to tweak this in photoshop a bit? https://freepbr.com/materials/old-plywood/ )

zooropa

It looks super super good. Unfortunately I am looking for a pine texture like the one attached.

RRIS

If I wasn't able to find it, or photoshop it from a number of sources, I'd probably go to a wood shop and take pics myself, or try to make it procedurally.
Sometimes you just have to do the work yourself.

zooropa

Quote from: RRIS on April 12, 2019, 03:02:03 AM
If I wasn't able to find it, or photoshop it from a number of sources, I'd probably go to a wood shop and take pics myself, or try to make it procedurally.
Sometimes you just have to do the work yourself.

True , I have been playing with procedural. It looks a little bit "cartoonish" but after 40 minutes I manage to sort of ..get the feeling. Maybe If I add some imperfections and also thinking how to add more color variations than 4....I think that is the reason looks little bit fake. There are 4 colors driving a wood procedurally , but a photoscanned texture might have "infinite" color variations ...

What do you think ?

RRIS

Could've fooled me! Maybe boosting the vibrancy a bit does the trick, but I'd be happy with this.

zooropa

DaStig

Really nice looking piece of wood

Finema

I think it's great ! bravo  ;)

zooropa

Thanks both. I am trying to find if there is away to add a little bit more of color variation. I still feel it a little bit dull...