Echo | Microphone Concept

Started by Magnus Skogsfjord, April 16, 2019, 03:42:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnus Skogsfjord

I was preparing a tutorial on modeling a microphone mesh in NX, and it was meant to be ready three weeks ago. However, as I was exploring some shapes for a simple microphone example in NX, things got way out of hand. The tutorial was greatly postponed when my light OCD took over to pursue the shape exploration, and the end result was a birth of yet another microphone concept.

I call this microphone concept "Echo", due to the echoing lines on the gripping pad. Both the shape and the pattern are meant to invite the user to a comfortable and easy positioning of the microphone.

Microphone and sound absorption wood tiles modeled in NX, rest of the geometry is from dimensiva. All rendered in KeyShot.

Safe to say I'll be taking a longer break from microphones now.

You can see the full project here: https://www.behance.net/gallery/77817473/Echo-Microphone-Concept

Thanks for looking!

guspottinger

TGS808

Quote from: Magnus Skogsfjord on April 16, 2019, 03:42:04 AM
I was preparing a tutorial on modeling a microphone mesh in NX, and it was meant to be ready three weeks ago. However, as I was exploring some shapes for a simple microphone example in NX, things got way out of hand. The tutorial was greatly postponed...

Boy Magnus... you've really been... slacking.  ::) Why don't you buckle down and get some work done!   ;D  Jokes aside, these are phenomenal... as usual. I've come to expect nothing less from you and you never disappoint.

designgestalt

very nice! the renderings are awesome, no doubt, but I also like the very elegant and inviting shape of the microphone !
The silhouette of the sideview just invites you to touch and feel the product. Again, very nice !!
cheers
designgestalt

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: guspottinger on April 17, 2019, 05:52:43 PM
Awesome
Thank you!

Quote from: TGS808 on April 17, 2019, 05:52:43 PM
Boy Magnus... you've really been... slacking.  ::) Why don't you buckle down and get some work done!   ;D  Jokes aside, these are phenomenal... as usual. I've come to expect nothing less from you and you never disappoint.
Hah! Well I got a few..well..I would say disgruntled but that would be stretching it. I got a few disappointed voices after announcing that the tutorial was postponed. Either way, thank you so much for the kind words and constant support!  Always nice to hear.

Quote from: designgestalt on April 17, 2019, 05:52:43 PM
very nice! the renderings are awesome, no doubt, but I also like the very elegant and inviting shape of the microphone !
The silhouette of the sideview just invites you to touch and feel the product. Again, very nice !!
That was exactly what I was aiming for too, so it's really satisfying to hear you think I succeeded in that. Thank you!

scanner

Hossein Alfideh

MIC  master! You gotta record some songs too bro!  :D
Great work as always! cheers mate!

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: scanner on April 21, 2019, 02:42:29 AM
Amazing!!!
Thank you!

Quote from: Hossein Alfideh on April 21, 2019, 02:42:29 AM
MIC  master! You gotta record some songs too bro!  :D
Great work as always! cheers mate!
Hah! I don't think that's gonna add any value to anyone. I'll stick to singing in the shower and recording tutorials ;) Thanks Hossein, always appreciate your support!

Zeltronic

Magnus Skogsfjord

Will Gibbons

Yes! Love how much work went into these, man!