Renderweekly - S04 - Weeks 11 to 12 - Keyshot Month (Updated)

Started by JimmyToTheBe, April 17, 2019, 08:49:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimmyToTheBe

The first of many to come once again with #renderweekly. Restarting it with a handheld vacuum cleaner design. This one was a spur of the moment thought when I decided to base it on the gun from the film Fifth Element. A bit of fun!

https://www.instagram.com/thedesignformula/?hl=en

Magnus Skogsfjord

Aw yeah, that's some proper Luc Besson aesthetics right there! Cool stuff Jimmy.

JimmyToTheBe

Some quick visuals from Renderweekly Week 2. Copper plated sharpener top with a frosted container.

JimmyToTheBe

For caustics week I chose to just put in some practise with glass materials and lighting. Unfortunately I had to use a keyshot 7.3 for these as I was using my work computer. Nevertheless let me know what you guys think?

JimmyToTheBe

Week 4 of Renderweekly - Pendant Lighting

This one I've tried to emulate a concrete and resin lamp shade so the colours glow when the lights are turned on.
The second image shows them in more context. (Chair from Dimensiva.com)

JimmyToTheBe

An update to week 5 with the challenge for ground reflections. The first render is a quick practise scene using a model from Herman Miller themselves. Check it out https://www.hermanmiller.com/en_gb/resources/models/3d-models/ the models are fairly detailed but mainly used in archviz visuals for accurate sizing.

The last few renders are of a Bialetti Coffee Press I liked in a shop. I snapped a few pictures so I could use them as reference. All modelled in Solidworks. The first two of five are the more edited for Renderweekly but the last three are virtually straight out of Keyshot with improved stainless steel material applied. Let me know what you guys think?

@thedesignformula

JimmyToTheBe

Will Gibbons

I think french press .362 is my favorite out of this bunch. Nice work and good looking details in there.

JimmyToTheBe

Quote from: Will Gibbons on May 17, 2019, 01:34:26 PM
I think french press .362 is my favorite out of this bunch. Nice work and good looking details in there.

Thanks Will. Details I wanted and details I got!
I think on that image the lighting is a little warmer which gives a more natural feel to it.

Will Gibbons

I agree, and nice not letting the background getting too bright! Could be easy to lose the chrome and glass against such a bright background.

JimmyToTheBe

Some additional updates from Week 6 and 7 of renderweekly...

JimmyToTheBe

Week 8: Renderweekly set the challenge of designing and rendering a mug, bowl and plate set.
I had taken my design inspiration from Denby, a classic english design in pottery and cutlery. Known for a rustic and experimental pattern design. In the scene on the second image I used some free 3d scanned food items to put them more into context. Additionally I also used my Bialetti coffee press in the background.

Let me know if you need to know more about the scene?

Liam Martin

JimmyToTheBe

Renders from week 10 of Renderweekly - Design a 90's music player. Most people seemed to model and render something Sony so I based mine on the Playstation design but reimagined as a cassette tape player.

JimmyToTheBe

Time to update the Renderweekly posts. The past couple of weeks has been all about Ear Buds. So I've come up with a couple concepts just to keep my creative juices flowing. I do admit I could have done with rendering out some more samples but they look good enough for instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/thedesignformula/?hl=en