Render region quirk and mat graph texture question

Started by mattjgerard, March 12, 2019, 10:39:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattjgerard

1) While having the render region active, can't seem to grab and move the corners of labels or textures to resize, the little hand that appears just wants to move the region around. Any way around this? I use the render region all the time now. If the texture move tool is in Position mode (point and click to center mode) the clicks to position the texture won't register either. All the frames and handles highlight as I mouse over them, but they won't grab.

2) So, I have the templates for poliigon materials in my library, so when I go to apply one, it drags into the mat graph fine. Problem arises when I replace the texture with a new one, it resizes and moves all over the place, then since the Reflective and Gloss maps have Color Invert nodes in between them and the material node the Sync function doesn't work. They all end up in different places, mapped differently with different scales and mapping types. Even if I delete all but the diffuse texture node, duplicate that then replace the texture with a different map, it resizes, rescales, and moves. It won't keep the settings of the original node. Am I doing something wrong? Different order of events? In the end I need to know how to replace maps and keep them all aligned and mapped the same as the original material. I can't believe I have to realign them all by hand. Is there a way to copy the coordinates of one texture map to another?

Bruno F

This topic has been forwarded to Luxion Support. It is being handled as a support case via email.

For assistance with a similar issue, please create a new topic.