Rotate on both X and Y axis

Started by Crysanth30, April 26, 2019, 11:06:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crysanth30

Hi everyone! I'm trying to get a product to rotate on the x axis and y axis on one spot. I made one 360 rotation on the X axis, and another 360 rotation on the Y axis, but put the 2 animations together, and it makes the product go diagonally instead. the closest i can get to having it stay in place is having the camera turn around the product that focuses on the sphere (in the center of the product) while the product rotates on the X axis. I've taken a picture of where the sphere is, and a gif of what i have currently.

I'm running KeyShot 8.2 Pro on Windows 10. I recorded the gif using an external program without rendering it out, so the quality isn't the best. I just want to figure out if there's a way to stabilize the product from running circles and just rotate in one spot.

Thank you!

Öner

Hello mate, i understand that you've made an animation as a gif, and its ok but the product couldnt stand fixed in the middle of screen, it rotates like a drunk.  hereby, i think you should try to pick the sphere (in the middle) as a pivot point when you adjust the rotate animation for product on X and Y axis.  i could try this if i was you.

INNEO_MWo

Hello.

I would solve this with the right animation types in the right structure level of the scene tree. As you can see in the attached scene (done with current version 8.2.80) I used a rotation animation on the part and a turntable animation on the group. So it is spinning as your example but with a fixed camera position. If you activate the orbit animation of the camera, you'll see the animation with a constant view direction, but the part and the shadows are rotating, which can look weird to some people?!?

Hope that helps

Cheers
Marco