[RESOLVED] Storing a relative path for material files

Started by jinjamu, May 05, 2019, 07:07:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jinjamu

Hi
On 8.2, is there a way to store relative rather than absolute paths to Materlal JPG files when using .FBX models?

I have moved my .bip file to a different location and on loading I get the following errors, so I am guessing storing a relative rather than an abspolute path for the files would fix this.:

(16:08:23) Cannot load texture "D:/3D work/JW Models/Schnellboot Mar 2019/Models/Schnellboot Final smoothened1.jpg" used by material "material1 #1"

(16:08:23) Cannot load texture "D:/3D work/JW Models/Schnellboot Mar 2019/Models/Schnellboot Final smoothened2.jpg" used by material "material2 #1"

(16:08:23) Cannot load texture "D:/3D work/JW Models/Schnellboot Mar 2019/Models/Schnellboot Final smoothened.jpg" used by material "material0 #1"

Many thanks!

John

Eugen Fetsch

Unfortunately not, but Luxion is working on this for one of the future releases. At least "KeyShot" wrote it in one of the threads in the Wish List forum. 

jinjamu

Noted...thanks very much for your help.

So failing that, is there a way to "point" Keyshot in the direction of the valid material files?

Thanks

John

KeyShot

This has been added in the next version of KeyShot.
For now you can manually add the folder with the textures as a custom texture folder in preferences / folder.

jinjamu

Bruno F

This topic has been resolved and locked. For help with a similar issue, please create a new thread.

Thank You,
Luxion Support Team