Avoid planar stretching at 90°

Started by raglo, April 23, 2019, 08:03:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raglo

As demonstrated in the attachment, labels stretch along axes that they aren't parallel too, but is there a way to stop them from being visible on surfaces that are at a 90° or higher angle?

mattjgerard

Looks like planar mapping, set the Depth to something slightly more than 0.

raglo

The depth slider doesn't seem to do very much in this situation

mattjgerard

I usually set it for .01 and uncheck Two Sided, mapping mode to Planar. That should prevent this sort of behavior. Can you post screen shots of your Lable settings?

raglo

Quote from: mattjgerard on April 23, 2019, 11:36:52 AM
I usually set it for .01 and uncheck Two Sided, mapping mode to Planar. That should prevent this sort of behavior. Can you post screen shots of your Lable settings?

Thank you so much! This fixed it. I needed a really low depth value. The slider was making the value too large to see that effect.

mattjgerard

Quote from: raglo on April 23, 2019, 11:08:01 PM
Quote from: mattjgerard on April 23, 2019, 11:36:52 AM

Thank you so much! This fixed it. I needed a really low depth value. The slider was making the value too large to see that effect.

Great to hear!

Will Gibbons

When depth is 0, it's actually infinite, so by adjusting the depth to a smaller number should work in future instances too!