[RESOLVED] Rendering on a white background.

Started by bdochia, May 08, 2019, 01:24:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bdochia

So. I have an object that is more or less a cube. Not a very divers or dynamic object. It is pretty flat and has some cuts on its front through which light will come out. The volume must be a matte white plastic, with small bumps and I need it to be rendered on a white background. I am having problems with getting the environment and lights settings right. Do you have any tips on how to get a more dynamic image?

Esben Oxholm

A white cube on a white background, that is a tough one for sure.
Perhaps the methods used here will help you out:

https://youtu.be/G_AlZjm36iI

bdochia

Thx for this link. I have seen the tutorial and trust me when I say...having even the slightest curve in the volume makes the job a lot easier. Nevertheless the tutorial is great for it`s purpose but doesn't really apply in my case.

RRIS

Like this?

It helps if you have an environment with a bright skylight and a spot/sun. That will give you a weak soft shadow surrounding your object and a cast shadow that defines where it meets the ground (or stick to occlusion ground shadows.. tint the shadows if they're too dark).
You can turn the object so that the front is in the shadow, so that you can see the illumination.
Then it's up to you to pick a creative camera angle.

edit: If you're not allowed to use a groundshadow, then I'd probably end up making a custom environment and try to have as much darker edges on the outside.

bdochia

Great tips. I will give them a try and see what I get. Thank you so much !