rendering with metadata

Started by martinsiegrist, May 04, 2019, 04:50:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

martinsiegrist

Keyshot can render images with metadata.

How can I add 360 image metadata before rendering? Should be possible somehow....

Of course this can be done in photoshop too but if the appropriate metadata was available before rendering it would save some back and forth and a few clicks.

INNEO_MWo

I am not sure if I understand this question right.
If you need the meta data, then simply run a max time rendering with only 1 second and delete the render file. Now you'll get a meta file without any connection to a ready rendered file.

How would this help?

Cheers
Marco

martinsiegrist

Wenn ich ein 360° Facebook Bild hochladen will, muss das Bild über die entsprechenden Metadaten verfügen. Keyshot fügt der Datei einen Teil der Metadaten hinzu, aber nicht die Informationen für das Google 360° Panorama Format. Um diese Informationen hinzuzufügen, kann ich dann z.B. in Photoshop die Metadaten bearbeiten. Wäre toll, wenn man vor dem Rendern diese Google 360° Info als XMP auswählen könnte und Keyshot würde dies dann automatisch dem anderen XMP anfügen.

Eugen Fetsch

Quote from: martinsiegrist on May 22, 2019, 02:03:45 PM
Wenn ich ein 360° Facebook Bild hochladen will, muss das Bild über die entsprechenden Metadaten verfügen. Keyshot fügt der Datei einen Teil der Metadaten hinzu, aber nicht die Informationen für das Google 360° Panorama Format. Um diese Informationen hinzuzufügen, kann ich dann z.B. in Photoshop die Metadaten bearbeiten. Wäre toll, wenn man vor dem Rendern diese Google 360° Info als XMP auswählen könnte und Keyshot würde dies dann automatisch dem anderen XMP anfügen.

English translation:
If I like to upload a 360° image to Facebook, it needs to have specific meta data included. KeyShot ads meta data to the file, but not the information for the Google 360° panorama format. This information can be added in tools like Photoshop. It would be nice to choose the Google 360° information from an XMP file by selection before rendering, so KS would add this data to the meta file. 

Hi Martin,

I'll answer in English so other board members will see what we are talking about  :)

The feature you're asking for is not available in KS and I don't believe that Luxion will add it in the future. It is just too specific and would conflict with the policy of KS simplicity.
If you have to do this task over and over, it is more easy and quicker to ask an external developer to write a script that merges the meta data for you. It should be a very simple task for a professional programmer or even a student/rookie that need some additional money. If you don't know any developer, you can find one on Upwork for sure.

Cheers
Eugen