[RESOLVED] Match Perspective Hangs

Started by raglo, April 24, 2019, 03:00:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raglo

Match perspective hangs very often, especially when handles are moved to the edges of the image. I have attached a screen recording of exactly how to replicate this bug. Doing this makes KeyShot hang every time. I have been able to replicate this bug with multiple files, include your demo ones and multiple backplate images. There are also other instances where it has hung when I've used match perspective.

Specs:
Model Name:   iMac
Model Identifier:   iMac14,2
Processor Name:   Intel Core i5
Processor Speed:   3.4 GHz
Number of Processors:   1
Total Number of Cores:   4
Chipset Model:   NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M

KeyShot Version: 8.1.61

CAD: Fusion 360 version 2.0.5677

How to recreate bug: PFA screen capture video

Bruno F

Hello raglo,

Thank you for submitting your bug report. From your screen capture I can see that the top blue handle does not go all the way to the viewport's top edge and that the realtime sampling stops. It looks like KeyShot is hanging. This could be an issue with your current KeyShot version or with the graphics card driver (most hangs are caused by an outdated or unsupported driver/card).

Here are some things you can try:

1. Install the latest KeyShot update (8.2.80).

KeyShot 8 – Mac

2. Turn off Graphics Effects.
Turn off "Graphics Effects" under Edit > Preferences > Advanced. Then, click Save Changes and re-start KeyShot.

3. Update to the latest Mac OSX version (Mojave).
The graphics card drivers updates are bundled with MacOS X updates. KeyShot's user inteface (including the Match Perspective widget) relies on the graphic card for proper display and function.

Please let me know how this works for you.

Bruno F

This topic has been locked due to inactivity. For help with a similar issue, please create a new thread.

Thank You,
Luxion Support Team