Keyshot 8 Import Error for Animation files

Started by rskmanoj04, April 22, 2019, 12:20:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rskmanoj04

Hi All,
I'm getting an error (pls. see screenshot) saying "No geometry retrieved from the file".

and also
"Error reading file "startup.bip" at line 1: parse error
Parsing of "startup.bip" failed
"

I checked online & saw .abc & .fbx can be imported into Keyshot (supported file formats) from Blender.

Can someone please say why I'm getting these errors? Is there any work around for this?

PS: I'm using Keyshot v8.2.80

Thanks in Advance!!!

INNEO_MWo

This error is based to the installation of the resources path. "For me" (own document folder) do not cause the error, but a "for everyone" (public document folder) does!
So you can either change your installation if you're allowed to, or also install (or let do) latest KeyShot 7(.3.40) for import the alembic file and save the scene as bip.
This bug is already reported and hopefully fixed in the next version or release.

Cheers
Marco

Ian Reymond

Hello MWo,

Could you please send me the information below so we can better assist you?

Computer make and specs:

• Windows/Mac OS Version
  • Graphics Card Model
  • Processor Model[/]
Exact KeyShot Version (e.g. 8.2.80)
CAD Software and version or year (if applicable).
Step-by-Step instructions to re-create the issue you are seeing (if applicable).

• Open KeyShot Scene
  • Go to Project, Camera and add a camera
  • etc...

Quote from: rskmanoj04 on April 22, 2019, 12:20:17 AM
Hi All,
I'm getting an error (pls. see screenshot) saying "No geometry retrieved from the file".

and also
"Error reading file "startup.bip" at line 1: parse error
Parsing of "startup.bip" failed
"

I checked online & saw .abc & .fbx can be imported into Keyshot (supported file formats) from Blender.

Can someone please say why I'm getting these errors? Is there any work around for this?

PS: I'm using Keyshot v8.2.80

Thanks in Advance!!!

rskmanoj04

Quote from: MWo on April 22, 2019, 09:44:07 AM
This error is based to the installation of the resources path. "For me" (own document folder) do not cause the error, but a "for everyone" (public document folder) does!
So you can either change your installation if you're allowed to, or also install (or let do) latest KeyShot 7(.3.40) for import the alembic file and save the scene as bip.
This bug is already reported and hopefully fixed in the next version or release.

Cheers
Marco

Hi! Thanks for the suggestion. I uninstalled and reinstalled as "For ME" and now even more errors...

""""Invalid id [1011] specified for lux_object_from_id
Cannot find object with id 1011
Cannot load texture "brushed linear noise.jpg" used by material "Stainless Steel Linear Brushed Noise #1"
Cannot load texture "brushed linear noise.jpg" used by material "Stainless Steel Linear Brushed Noise #1"
Error: startup.bip:251: Order 4 inconsistent with number of vertices in curves.
Input file ""spool.abc"" has 1 critical error
Cannot load texture "brushed linear noise.jpg" used by material "Stainless Steel Linear Brushed Noise #1" """""

Now the materials are not getting updated on Half of my model parts. Till morning the assembly was loading fine according to the material template. :( 

What did I miss?

I'll try the Keyshot 7 in the meanwhile... home my floating license will work!

INNEO_MWo

The uninstall of the other KeyShot instance should kept the entire resources left. So you can copy the "old" library into your new (stored in own documents). Or you can define the paths for materials, textures, etc. to the "old" paths in the preferences.

Personally on my system I work with different instances of KeyShot versions (released and beta). Regularly I use the "for everyone" installation. But I don't change the libraries in the public documents section for the different KeyShot versions.
Instead I use a copy of the folders in another path. There is my "global library" stored. I've separated the materials to the different version but merged all folders that contains types of objects that can be used from different versions (like textures, backplates, def. render output, animations, etc.)

The benefit is the "untouched backup" of the default resources without loosing the new textures, a.s.o.. But I have to transfer all downloaded objects from the cloud.

Your problem with the missing files could be solved with a copy of the entire structure from your old library to the current one, or use the migration tool.

Hope that helps

Cheers
Marco

Bruno F

This topic has been resolved and locked. For help with a similar issue, please create a new thread.

Thank You,
Luxion Support Team