[RESOLVED] KeyShot XR duplicate frames

Started by Eric Summers, May 09, 2019, 07:25:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric Summers

Windows 10 pro, KS 8.2.80 (although this has been a problem since KeyShotVR was introduced).

This is not the first time I've posted about this. When creating a turntable or hemispherical KeyShotXR, the first and last image are duplicates. If I specify a turntable with 4 horizontal frames, the resultant XR will only have 3 distinct views. See the attached screenshot of a test I just did. 0_0 and 0_3 are the same view. In this example, I would expect each of the four images to be facing normal to the front, right, back and left sides. The 'front' face is my initial view in this example. Adding to the frustration, in the KeyShotXR Preview, it shows how I expect it to render out but the render never matches. To work around this if I specify 5 horizontal frames, I will get what I would expect from the 4 horizontal frame XR - plus a duplicate frame. See the second screenshot.

This is frustrating because I render hemispherical 24 horizontal X 4 vertical XRs. This means I have to render four extra frames to get the rotation I expect, which typically adds upwards of 40 minutes to my total render time and there are duplicate frames once I'm done. And if I have to render a different setup and forget about this issue I've lost hours of render time.

Is this a bug, or am I just fundamentally missing something with the way XRs work?

Bruno F

Hello Eric,

Thank you for posting this topic. We will forward your feedback to our quality team.

Eric Summers

Thank you Bruno. I will eagerly await any feedback.

Bruno F

Hello Eric,

I received feedback: To avoid extra frames, please turn off "Horizontal environment rotation" under the Render > KeyShotXR tab.

Eric Summers

Thanks for the information Bruno. It would be nice to have the horizontal environment rotation, as it creates better reflections in my case. But in the meantime this will work.

Bruno F

Hello Eric,

Noted. Thank you for your feedback.