Materials take very long time to apply

Started by theAVator, May 21, 2019, 07:52:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theAVator

I'm running into an issue where models transferred from Creo using the plugin take an extremely long time to apply materials. Seems like you drag one material on and then wait for it to apply, then drag the next and wait for that. It's quite literally more than quadrupling the amount of time it takes me to process a model.  I've attached a short video of me applying several different materials, almost all are simple materials - most are standard rough paint or plastic from the library with just the color tweaked.

Keyshot 8.2.80 Enterprise
CREO 4
Keyshot/CREO plugin
WIndows 10 Enterprise
Intel XEON CPU E5-1660 V3 @ 3.00GHz
64GB RAM
**Sorry, file cannot be shared
BIP size is about 1.57GB - using about 4GB of RAM

STEPS:
- Open CREO
- Open assembly
- Click on KS plugin button and click Render (pretty much just use the basic settings, NURBS unchecked, .22 tessellation, Livelinking: manual)
- Once transferred, save KS BIP
- Start applying materials... and subsequently wait for each material

Ian Reymond

Hello theAVator,

Thank you for your post.
Could you please also send me your graphics driver date?

How to find the graphics driver's release date.

• Open the Device Manager on your computer
  • Expand the Display Adapters
  • Right-click your graphics card and select *Properties*
  • Inside the Properties window, go to the *Driver* tab and take a screenshot.

If there is more than one display adapter, then repeat the steps above for your second adapter. Please send me a screenshot for each display adapter.

Quote from: theAVator on May 21, 2019, 07:52:21 AM
I'm running into an issue where models transferred from Creo using the plugin take an extremely long time to apply materials. Seems like you drag one material on and then wait for it to apply, then drag the next and wait for that. It's quite literally more than quadrupling the amount of time it takes me to process a model.  I've attached a short video of me applying several different materials, almost all are simple materials - most are standard rough paint or plastic from the library with just the color tweaked.

Keyshot 8.2.80 Enterprise
CREO 4
Keyshot/CREO plugin
WIndows 10 Enterprise
Intel XEON CPU E5-1660 V3 @ 3.00GHz
64GB RAM
**Sorry, file cannot be shared
BIP size is about 1.57GB - using about 4GB of RAM

STEPS:
- Open CREO
- Open assembly
- Click on KS plugin button and click Render (pretty much just use the basic settings, NURBS unchecked, .22 tessellation, Livelinking: manual)
- Once transferred, save KS BIP
- Start applying materials... and subsequently wait for each material

theAVator

Thanks Ian, pic is attached below.
I know the drivers here were just updated relatively recently, mostly because Adobe was throwing an error about updating drivers or something.

Ian Reymond

theAVator,

I just checked and the latest drivers for your machine were released on May 9th 2019. Would you be able to update the drivers and let me know if that helps? You can find the latest drivers for your GPU here.

Quote from: theAVator on May 22, 2019, 02:22:06 PM
Thanks Ian, pic is attached below.
I know the drivers here were just updated relatively recently, mostly because Adobe was throwing an error about updating drivers or something.

theAVator

Ian,
I updated to the driver shown, install seemed to work just fine. The new driver fixed the Adobe compatibility error I was receiving (Yay!).

However, the keyshot issue seen here persists.  In fact, it seems to take an even longer amount of time to apply materials. I will continue some tests with other models to confirm, but at this point it hasn't improved the outcome, and may have actually made it worse.  :-\ 

Ian Reymond

AVator,

Would it be ok for me to contact you by email through our support ticketing system? I would like to get some more information from you in order to help fix this issue.

Quote from: theAVator on May 23, 2019, 08:00:16 AM
Ian,
I updated to the driver shown, install seemed to work just fine. The new driver fixed the Adobe compatibility error I was receiving (Yay!).

However, the keyshot issue seen here persists.  In fact, it seems to take an even longer amount of time to apply materials. I will continue some tests with other models to confirm, but at this point it hasn't improved the outcome, and may have actually made it worse.  :-\

theAVator

Yep, that'd be great. I tried PMing you, but it blocked me.