Main Menu

Alignement tool

Started by germannick, March 29, 2019, 12:10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

germannick

An alignment and distribution tool to define spaces between objects or to align them to each other (bottom, top, left, right, horizontal center, vertical center, vertical and horizontal centers.

RX7_Mark

Yes, please.

Changing the Position Tool to reference off of another surface - like assembling in CAD. Let me choose surfaces to be coincident to each other or set a distance.

Öner

I use the bottom edge of the screen to align the objects.  this is weird.  i think it was good if there were a grid or smarts guides.

germannick

Öner,

I  printed a grid on a clear plastic sheet that I stick to my screen when needed.  ;D

lshank

I would LOVE to see this tool also!! Sometimes I find myself going back to the CAD model to rearrange parts if need be, then re-importing to KeyShot- because it's easier than "eyeballing" things.

Öner

Quote from: germannick on April 01, 2019, 10:26:35 PM
Öner,

I  printed a grid on a clear plastic sheet that I stick to my screen when needed.  ;D

you are a wise man  :)

Will Gibbons

Quote from: Öner on April 03, 2019, 09:29:29 PM
Quote from: germannick on April 01, 2019, 10:26:35 PM
Öner,

you are a wise man  :)

You can turn on a real-time view grid in the Camera settings. Also, there's a ground grid option too. Not sure if you've come across these.

INNEO_MWo

Some modeling tool features can be quite handy.
For arranging I prefer to work with the geometry view. The camera option orthographic and a shaded view with edges helps to bring the parts to the right place.

But complex scene should be pre-arranged in the modeling tool (CAD).

My two cents.

Marco