HDR light studio + Keyshot....practice

Started by mirko, September 23, 2011, 09:03:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seggy

Hi Zander
Mark here from HDR Light Studio... please email me your bip file (mark@hdrlightstudio.com) and I'll set something up for you showing you how to do this, and post it back on this forum.
I think we can do everything you need without anything in the scene but the rings themselves.
I got your email... but I just saw this posting too... maybe other people will be interested in how I'd tackle it in HDRLS.
Regards Mark

Seggy

I decided not to wait for the jewelry model from Zander and kicked right into putting a little lesson together. It takes you step by step through a simple jewely lighting set up with a colored background, the effect you are looking for Zander.

Please do check it out here: http://www.hdrlightstudio.com/lesson/keyshot_jewelry_step_by_step

Thanks for the rings model.... I'll also knock up some lighting for that model also and share my results here.

Regards
mark

Zander85

fario

many, many many thanks!

it makes me want to buy this app.

Antoine

Zander85

I'd love to see what you can do with the rings I sent ya.

Seggy

Now with your rings.
This took about 10 mins fiddling around.
A good idea is to import a floor square and make it a glass material... you'll get far more realistic reflections than using ground reflections from KeyShot.
But it will cause complications with lighting because this glass will see all the lights too. If I get chance I may pop a floor in and see what it looks like.
Happy to help.

Seggy

The floor worked out pretty well as dielectric material with a bit of roughness, using IOR to change reflectivity.

Zander85

Wow thank you so much for all the help. Really makes my life easier. I really appreciate it Mark thank you.
Cheers
-Zander

Zander85

I am following along with your tutorial right now and when I came to step 5 it says "make the light solid and lower the brightness to zero", but there is no brightness dial so I am assuming you meant the "dark" button which makes the light black. Am I correct?

Zander85

Oh never mind I see that you meant the wattage.