Render of Fire

Started by MR.R, May 28, 2019, 10:11:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MR.R

Anyone know how to render/ generate realistic fire on KS?
If anyone have material graph or another way please share.
Thanks a lot.

:)

Will Gibbons

Quote from: MR.R on May 28, 2019, 10:11:40 AM
Thanks a lot.

Honestly, this is going to be really tough to do. It depends if you need it to be animated or not. For just a still image, you can take an image of a fire (photographed on a black background) and put it on a plane and set it to area light material. I've done this with flames before for candles and lighter, but not a whole fire.

MR.R

Quote from: Will Gibbons on May 28, 2019, 12:15:12 PM
Thanks a lot.

Honestly, this is going to be really tough to do. It depends if you need it to be animated or not. For just a still image, you can take an image of a fire (photographed on a black background) and put it on a plane and set it to area light material. I've done this with flames before for candles and lighter, but not a whole fire.

Thanks Will, I need a still image not an animation. I will try the one with black BG

INNEO_MWo

I am sure that if you search for candle in this forum, you'll find a solution that works for you. I uploaded an example a few years or months ago. Also Eric (Bdesign) posted a great example of an animated candle flame.

But as a quick solution I would prefer to do it in post. Otherwise emissive material combined with an IES Profile and image styles will be your best friend.

Hope to see your results here.

Cheers
Marco

LM6

Thanks a lot.

https://vimeo.com/307427553/29bf85f59e

It can be done but its not easy and not perfect.
It would really help if Keyshot supported VDB seq with more channels, maybe in Keyshot 9