Render Queue Overexposure

Started by Chris_80, May 29, 2019, 12:01:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris_80

Hello,
I am using the maximal samples to render my pictures.
The picture in my life viewer is great but as soon as I put it into the render queue, the picture renders way to bright.
I am using different HDRI's, where I am adjusting the contrast to get a better looking picture.
I did save the new HDRI and reloaded it into Keyshot but nothing changes.
Is this a common thing?

Picture attached

Thank you,
Christian

Ian Reymond

Hello Chris_80,

Thank you for your post.
It seems like you are experiencing difficulties with KeyShot. To better assist you, I'll need to gather additional information.

Computer make and specs:

• Windows/Mac OS Version
  • Graphics Card Model
  • Processor Model
Exact KeyShot Version (e.g. 8.2.80)

Quote from: Chris_80 on May 29, 2019, 12:01:35 AM
Hello,
I am using the maximal samples to render my pictures.
The picture in my life viewer is great but as soon as I put it into the render queue, the picture renders way to bright.
I am using different HDRI's, where I am adjusting the contrast to get a better looking picture.
I did save the new HDRI and reloaded it into Keyshot but nothing changes.
Is this a common thing?

Picture attached

Thank you,
Christian

Chris_80

Hello,
sorry for the late reply, I was on vacation.

My specs:

Win 7
Geforce Quadro K4000
i7-4790K 4.GHz
Keyshot version 8.2.80

Thanks
Christian

Bruno F

Hello Chris_80,

It looks like this post has not been resolved. To answer your question, differences between realtime and your final rendered image may be due to your render settings or it could also just be a bug. Below you will find a few suggestions to try to fix this:

1. KeyShot realtime uses a render method similar to Maximum Samples. Please make sure to use the Maximum Samples quality setting under Render > Render > Options.

2. If this is a bug, then you can try resetting any glitches in the scene lighting by importing the scene into a blank KeyShot file.

Launch KeyShot
Click *Import* or *File > Import*
Browse to your BIP and click *Open*
Select "Import Scene" and confirm your import

If the issue persists, you can check the following variables: the material type, the hdr environment, the lighting method (Product or Interior, Performance or Basic).