[RESOLVED] Extreamly long part name

Started by germannick, April 29, 2019, 05:24:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

germannick

Since one of the last updates (not sure if Keyshot or Rhino), I have these extremely long product ID names written in brackets (see attachment with issue highlighted in yellow).
I believe to have seen this issue a few years ago and that the info within the brackets can be hidden (not be imported by keyshot or exported by Rhino)
Any ideas how to hide or stop these none sense longe ID names?

Ian Reymond

Hello germannick,

Thank you for your post.
It seems like you are experiencing difficulties with KeyShot. To better assist you, I'll need to gather additional information.

Computer make and specs:

• Windows/Mac OS Version
  • Graphics Card Model
  • Processor Model[/]
Exact KeyShot Version (e.g. 8.2.80)
CAD Software and version or year (if applicable).
Step-by-Step instructions to re-create the issue you are seeing (if applicable).

• Open KeyShot Scene
  • Go to Project, Camera and add a camera
  • etc...

Quote from: germannick on April 29, 2019, 05:24:23 AM
Since one of the last updates (not sure if Keyshot or Rhino), I have these extremely long product ID names written in brackets (see attachment with issue highlighted in yellow).
I believe to have seen this issue a few years ago and that the info within the brackets can be hidden (not be imported by keyshot or exported by Rhino)
Any ideas how to hide or stop these none sense longe ID names?

germannick

hi Ian,
i dont think is a keyshot software problem but an import /export issue between the most current versions of keyshot 8.2.80 and Rhino 6.13.19058.371
This appeared a few years ago before and was resolved but with the latest updates of KS and Rhino it reappeared.

I`ll attach a rhino file with just one default layer (name) and you can see how it apperas in Keyshot

Specs:
Windows 7 SP1 (Physical RAM: 16Gb)
Non-hybrid graphics.
Primary display and OpenGL: NVIDIA Quadro 2000 (NVidia) Memory: 1GB, Driver date: 1-13-2018 (M-D-Y). OpenGL Ver: 4.5.0 NVIDIA 377.83

Bruno F

Hello germannick,

Thank you for providing a sample file. We will take a look and consult with our importers expert. We'll let you know once we hear back.

Ian Reymond

Hello germannick,

After some investigation I found that the extra long name comes from the object ID in Rhino.
I filed the issue with the QA team who opened an improvement ticket with our developers. For now there is unfortunately no workaround because KeyShot uses that ID to differentiate the parts imported.

Please let me know if you haev any questions.
Quote from: germannick on May 16, 2019, 05:08:51 AM
hi Ian,
i dont think is a keyshot software problem but an import /export issue between the most current versions of keyshot 8.2.80 and Rhino 6.13.19058.371
This appeared a few years ago before and was resolved but with the latest updates of KS and Rhino it reappeared.

I`ll attach a rhino file with just one default layer (name) and you can see how it apperas in Keyshot

Specs:
Windows 7 SP1 (Physical RAM: 16Gb)
Non-hybrid graphics.
Primary display and OpenGL: NVIDIA Quadro 2000 (NVidia) Memory: 1GB, Driver date: 1-13-2018 (M-D-Y). OpenGL Ver: 4.5.0 NVIDIA 377.83

Bruno F

This topic has been resolved and locked. For help with a similar issue, please create a new thread.

Thank You,
Luxion Support Team