Main Menu

Synchronize Mouse Wheel

Started by designgestalt, June 05, 2019, 08:07:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

designgestalt

is it just me ??

this is a minor thing, but after a day working with KSĀ“, just adjusting materials on products, it really bugs me :

why does the zooming in and out works differently on the normal working window and the Material graph window???
Scrolling towards me is zooming in in the working window, but zooming out in the material graph ?!???!?
is that just my mouse or does anyone else has this problem ??

cheers
designgestalt

Esben Oxholm

If you want the camera to behave like the graph you can go to the preferences > interface and check 'reverse camera distance scrolling'.

Cheers,

designgestalt

thanks Esben,
you definitely ARE the KS-Guru !!!

cheers
dirk

andy.engelkemier

This is a confusing statement. Because it's not really Reverse camera distance scrolling. It's reverse Object distance scrolling.

Cameras zoom in and out. Engineers move 3D objects toward or away (keyshot default).
It's like Mac/PC scrolling. One scrolls up and down, the other moves the Page up and down. That one is more preference though. I think as soon as you deal with cameras, you're starting to lean on right/wrong, but that's my opinion.

Plus, many of the users here are coming from engineering software, so they've been doing it (wrong) for a long time. j/k