Sugar Candy-like Texture

Started by akshaykdesai, June 05, 2019, 10:58:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

akshaykdesai

Hello all,
I am new to this forum and I have a doubt that i need to clear as soon as possible
I have a model on which I wish to give a texture which looks like sugar candy.
I want to give it a powdery look, just like sugar candies have.
Just like Sour Brite Crawlers have, or Wonka candies
I have attached image for reference, can someone please guide me.?

andy.engelkemier

Look into geometry flakes. And maybe use an occlusion map to help decide where there should be more sugar. You should have more sugar in crevasses.

Not sure if that will work entirely. That's a pretty tough material. In 3dsMax or Blender I'd probably just use the surface as a particle emitter, which is definitely one option for you. Blender is free afterall. Just emit a ton of sugar particles, convert to geometry and export to keyshot. Or you could mess with alembic, but I've been reading people are having issues with that working in keyshot 8? No idea if that's solved. But importing with keyshot 7 first works, IF you happen to go that route. That's not really needed for particles that don't move, as far as I'm aware. I haven't gone back and forth yet. The only thing I've needed were some bubbles. I did them in Blender, but rendered them there and just composited. It was only 2 images, so wasn't worth the extra work in my case. It wasn't Techically correct. But, often times, if it looks good it may be better than "technically correct."

Eugen Fetsch

There was a similar post in the Material forum here. Maybe it helps you
https://www.keyshot.com/forum/index.php?topic=24597.0