Uncomplete hi res renderings

Started by cleverino, June 17, 2019, 08:07:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cleverino

Specially going for higher res. (more than 5000 px) the output of my renderings is uncomplete (it is no region render) and the render passes except the clown don´t open.
The problem I still have in KS 8.2 pro no matter of the file size, special effects or not. Any idea to risolve this?

Eric Summers

When you render larger resolutions, KeyShot will split the rendering into multiple buckets. It starts at the top and works its way down; once the first one gets to the Max Samples you specified it will move to the next area. It appears in your screenshot you have 2 buckets to render and it is only at 3% of the first bucket. Once it gets to 100% it will start on the second bucket and you will see the bottom portion of your render start to res up.

cleverino

Thanks, Eric for your fast answer!
Of course I tried to render up to 100 %. Unfortunatly that seldom risolves for me the problem. I ´ve found only two ways, going down to max. 5000 px or adding a region render for the missing piece. But then there is only the clown there of the render passes...

Eric Summers

So once it gets to 100% it doesn't start on the second bucket?

cleverino

Yes it does it. It works fine even with 8000 px (a large file rendered perfect through the night, reducing the amount of samples to 200). I can´t reproduce that error in KS 8.2 anymore. My mistake, thanks again!

Eric Summers

No worries! Glad it rendered out!  :)