custom startup scene issues

Started by shamblingcat, June 10, 2019, 10:11:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shamblingcat

I'm using the same custom startup bip I had for keyshot 7 and the behavior seems to have changed in version 8. Previously, it would behave just like the default bip and the render file name would read "untitled.xxx..." and the render location would be in the location specified in the preferences. Once the file had been saved and re-opened the render file name would change from "untitled" to whatever the new file name was.

Now the render file name is set to the file name of my startup bip and doesn't change automatically when I save the file. The render location is also pulled from the startup bip instead of the keyshot preferences. In this case, it's the keyshot 7 render folder.

I was able to manually solve this by opening my bip in a text editor and deleting the values for "render_folder" "render_filename" and "render_job_filenames". I also deleted all of the "lux_paths" so it will pull the locations from the current preferences.

I would recommend either going back to the old method keyshot used for loading custom startup bips or offering a separate save function specifically for creating startup files that omits the aforementioned variables.

Eric Summers

I just ran into this issue as well. I have created many scenes in KS 8 with my custom startup scene with no problems. However, I recently updated my custom startup bip file and now I am seeing the issue where the render file name stays what my custom bip file is named. Perhaps this would be a good post to add to the Support section of the forum.