Unable to import .alembic file in Keyshot. What to do?

Started by brahmzxc, June 15, 2019, 12:24:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

INNEO_MWo

It is clear that you won't see any animation of my attached alembic file. 'Cause currently I am not able to load your blend-file with the animation.
So maybe one of the Blender user that have the necessary plugin active, can export the alembic file (or you do with the option Eugen (Camomiles Studio) mentioned).

Good luck!

Cheers
Marco

brahmzxc

Thanks for the suggestion MWo but I still can't import it into keyshot.

Can Camomiles Studio attach the file with necessary changes so that I can import it into keyshot with animation.

INNEO_MWo

Can you tell me, which type of plugin or feature is used in the window below? (to solve the red marked nodes)

brahmzxc

INNEO_MWo

One issues looks for the next one!

I was not able to load your add on, 'cause it is compiled for another Python version I didn't installed yet. (And honestly - sorry - I am not willing to change my running system right now).

Attached you'll find a simple blend file with an animation (subdivison modified) and my export option. If you try these with my blend file and export an animated alembic file - you can import this with the "deformable mesh" option (KeyShot import dialog). You should recognize the animation as well.
And hopefully you can adapt these steps on your own file, which seems to load correctly in your Blender/Python/Add on setup.

Cheers
Marco

brahmzxc

I tried the above method with the options selected as yours in Blender while exporting the .abc but still no luck.

And Instead this time even the file was unable to open in keyshot.

Eugen Fetsch

Quote from: MWo on June 17, 2019, 07:33:05 AM
Thank you Eugen for the offer. I appreciate this. But currently once a month with YouTube help I will take a look into it.
The goals are only some animation stuff with physics to compensate the things our CAD won't do or probably so UV unwrapping till KeyShot is capable to do this.
Sure, just let me know - you still have some credits for your help at my last project ;)

Quote from: brahmzxc on June 18, 2019, 09:58:01 PM
I tried the above method with the options selected as yours in Blender while exporting the .abc but still no luck.
And Instead this time even the file was unable to open in keyshot.

Sorry for confusing. I thought the information from my first answer regarding thickness would be enough, so you can find the way out by yourself.

The issue is, that exporting to Alembic from Animation Nodes doesn't "bake" the geometry to the curve. So, after importing the .abc file back to Blender we can see only the baked curve animation without geometry. I've just added some depth/thickness to the imported curve and exported it again to Alembic.
I don't know if this issue is AN related or Alembic export related. This is something you can send to the AN bug tracker on GitHub. The devs will help you there.

For the time being, the workaround is:
1. Animate the bezier curve with Animation Nodes
2. Bake the animation to Alembic
3. Import baked .abc back to Blender
4. Add thickness / geometry to the curve
5. Export it again to .abc
6. Import into KS

brahmzxc

Okay thanks for the reply, but how to bake the render in alembic?

Eugen Fetsch

Just save it in this format. It bakes the animation - animation nodes will not be exported.

brahmzxc

Ok so finally I was able to import it in Keyshot but it appears that geometry is changed from circular spline to flat spline.

Eugen Fetsch

Maybe the "Curves as Meshes" checkbox was disabled during the export. To avoid further mistakes please follow the link to download the KS file https://gofile.io/?c=EvRy9T

brahmzxc

Ok, huge thanks for the file but can I know where is the option for "Curves as Mesh" ?

INNEO_MWo

Just look at the second option at the bottom of this screenshot.

INNEO_MWo

Eugen, you're help was great!

Many thanks man!

Cheers
Marco

brahmzxc

There is no such option in my blender. :-[