How to I relink/change the original texture location for imported objects?

Started by dream3, June 19, 2019, 08:05:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dream3

Basically I have a model of a character created by another person with several different parts and different textures for each part. I have a folder with the .obj and .mtl as well as all the textures for that model. When I import it into keyshot, the model loads without any materials and keyshot spams me with errors about the location of the textures.
It doesn't prompt me to find another folder with the textures though, but keeps on giving me the original path for where the textures where when the .obj was created (another person's computer).

How can I easily and quickly relink those back?

Ian Reymond

Hello dream3,

Thank you for your post.
It seems like you are experiencing difficulties with KeyShot. To better assist you, I'll need to gather additional information.

Computer make and specs:

• Windows/Mac OS Version
  • Graphics Card Model
  • Processor Model[/]
Exact KeyShot Version (e.g. 8.2.80)
CAD Software and version or year (if applicable).
Step-by-Step instructions to re-create the issue you are seeing (if applicable).

• Open KeyShot Scene
  • Go to Project, Camera and add a camera
  • etc...
Screenshot(s) showing the issue that you are seeing (if applicable).

Quote from: dream3 on June 19, 2019, 08:05:49 AM
Basically I have a model of a character created by another person with several different parts and different textures for each part. I have a folder with the .obj and .mtl as well as all the textures for that model. When I import it into keyshot, the model loads without any materials and keyshot spams me with errors about the location of the textures.
It doesn't prompt me to find another folder with the textures though, but keeps on giving me the original path for where the textures where when the .obj was created (another person's computer).

How can I easily and quickly relink those back?