Large resolution renders - tearing issue

Started by Kennady, June 19, 2019, 04:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kennady

Hi all - hope someone can shed some light on a fix or if this is a known issue.  I know there was an issue with network rendering but I'm rendering local.

I'm having a problem rendering large resolution images. Tearing or splitting occurs where the render tiles meet.
Resolution 11000 x 8000 @ 32bit, 500 samples, Product mode. Keyshot is rendering the image in 2 tiles.

98% of the image renders perfectly. Where the 2 tiles meet there is a bit of tearing. It looks like it is mostly around highlight areas and not flat geometry areas. Example attached.

I'm a pretty good retoucher so I can easily fix these problems, but would be good to know if there's a solution.

Thanks!

Windows 10 Pro 64
Keyshot 8.2
Threadripper 1950x 32GB Ram 100% cpu
Product mode, rendering locally, renders finish perfectly, 32bit tif output
Also affects the clown pass
Only seems to affect large pixel renders - 8000 px+ size

Kennady

Still having this issue happen.

Is there anyway to make KS not separate the render into tiles? (besides dropping render res)

Niko Planke

Hello Kennady,

I would like to take a look at this issue, would you be able to share the file with us?

You can send data securely via our WeTransfer. Send to niko-at-luxion-dot-com.

Kennady

Thank you Niko. My KSP has been wetransfer'd to you.

Happy to answer any questions you may have.

Regards.

Niko Planke

Hello Kennady,

I have been able to reproduce the issue on my end and filled an issue in our system.
I have been able to narrow it down to being the reflection of the pin "LEFT Side Rectangle" in your environment.

The simplest solution i could find for you is to increase the roughness on the Cabinetry, or changing  the shape of that pin.

I hope these hints work for you.

Note: If you have KeyShot Network Rendering available, I did not observe this issue when using network rendering during testing.

Kennady

Thanks Niko. Good to see you were able to replicate it and lodge the issue.

We have since switched to NR for big renders, and yes it doesn't happen.

Thanks again for looking into this.