Ford Hotrod from 1934 - Been a while, nice to be back

Started by Nils Piirma, June 20, 2019, 03:14:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nils Piirma

Hello,

It's been a heck of a while since I last posted here, majority of my posts are on instagram these days and the forum has been left in the back of my mind for a while.

After a year or two, of self learning and thinking outside of the box and trying new things, I can share a scene which is not a client's work and which is just a thursday evening fun project.

So this scene was rendered in Product mode, using 120 samples.
DOF, 32 samples on the paint, and 6 raybounces and took 30 minutes on my 24 core AMD Threadripper (2970WX)

I'm planning on doing a breakdown someday of this scene also, but here's a view of the geometry and the overall result with a few minor tweaks here and there in photoshop, but the majority of the base editing is done in keyshot's own image editor.

I'll remind myself to post here more often since here I can relate more to you guys and maybe show some tips and tricks to you too.

TGS808

I was wondering where you'd been. Nice to see you back. And the image is fantastic. You never disappoint, Nils.

brahmzxc

The Render is amazing and looking forward to learn from you ( the tips and tricks u r talking about  ;D )

imikej

Zeltronic

Josh3D

Has been a heck of a while, Nils! Nice to see you back and love the new work! Look forward to more + the tips!