Started by elliasp, September 26, 2011, 11:44:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fario

hahahahahhahhahhaa

le big Mac,

excellent!!!, j'ai bien ri, merci :))))

Antoine

Speedster

Francois, thanks so much for sharing this, and especially the story behind it.  It's an excellent example of what you can do when your CAD and rendering apps work together seamlessly, and the skill behind them is equal to the task.  When you are self-employed, the bottom line is what the client needs.  Nothing more (have to watch the budget) and never nothing less.  You gave him what he needed, when he needed it.  Good job!

Early this morning a client called me as he was boarding the plane in San Diego, California, for a 45 minute flight to Fremont.  He was in a panic, as they needed a change to the design.  I dropped everything, made the changes in SolidWorks and added it into the existing KeyShot .bip.  I moved the original down, and quickly copy/pasted the material over.  I did not use retain materials, as it can act up at times, and I didn't have time to deal with it.  So cool that the decals also transfer over, as long as you select the surface (part) that it was applied to.  Hid the original and rendered it out.

Bottom line- he had new, updated renderings when he got off the plane, in plenty of time for his presentation.

He's a happy client, and will be back for more, just as will your client for you.

Bill G

Imz

Nice job Francois! We've all been in those tight situations; keyshot has definitely saved my bacon a couple of times.

Two comments on the render itself:

1) The backlit main [body mist] bottle looks quite synthetic on the orange background- The background would show through the bottle in real life, or if that makes the image too "dead", at least reflect some of the orange on the sides of the cap and glass?

2) The clear plastic on the case doesn't read quite right- perhaps add some subtle ripples/ waviness to the plastic to pick up a highlight?

I have troubles making clear lenses looking right- if anyone has suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

Great job!

EGON

He only had eight hours to complete this. Do the best you can do then ship it out and hope for the best.

Imz

^^understood; was meant as constructive criticism, not a put-down.

elliasp

I already know my image is not perfect (I'm not stupid) :

I just wanted to show you what I did in one night thanks to Keyshot because I was proud of it.

Do you really think this is my best image ever ??? It's full of mistakes !!!  :D

+++
F

guest84672

In the end it comes down to one thing - if the client likes it who cares?