Keyshot 9

Started by Rantech, July 08, 2019, 04:11:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric Summers

Quote from: NormanHadley on August 15, 2019, 04:06:24 AM
Hi Eric. Do you have good reason to think an M4000 will handle KS9? That's what I have in my machine but I wasn't sure if it was too old (pre-RTX).

Like Matt said, it'll work but I know I don't have RT cores and all of the new fancy stuff. Hopefully I'll be able to report back on how it goes by next week. That said, I sure wouldn't mind having an RTX 8000 (or two ;D )

NormanHadley

DetroitVinylRob

Apparently Windows 19.03.0 is a needed part of the puzzle... Global Illumination still not showing on KS9 beta, install on Monday, see if that offers some progress.

Now running latest Quadro driver release vR430 U5 (431.70)  WHQL, Release Date: 2019.7.29 for Windows 10 64-bit. That's not the answer...

menizzi

I googled batch rendering for the other gpu renders and none of them have batch rendering when using the gpu. Will keyshot have batch rendering on the gpu side? I know for sure octane render does not have it because people are still asking for it in the forums.

Ryan Day

Might be because I'm a designer, but I'm mostly excited for details on this new advanced fabric material. Any info anywhere on that yet? This thread is the only spot I can find reference to it after a brief Google

sotsupport

Okay, between the blog discussing Keyshot9 and a comment here about compatible cards, I am a little confused about which cards will work with KS9 GPU rendering.  It sounds like any Nvidia card built on Maxwell or newer can run the GPU rendering, but only the cards with RTX cores can take advantage of the Real time raytracing and the AI denoising.  So my main question is, can those of us that have cards like a Quadro P1000 still see some benefit or improved performance using the GPU rendering option or should we stick with the CPU rendering? 

Also, is there any information on how GPU rendering is going to work with the network rendering product?

Thanks.

mousek

Hmm.

I love keyshot. I am big fun and supporter but ...
It is ok GPU support and denoiser upgrade for 1000 dollars?
Only it is good that you dont need network render farm. You will buy 10 external GPU and put 2  GPU inside youe case and its done!

Ok i will see next news .... And keyshot will have upgrade on 8.3 ?

levystore

It might be a stupid question but do you think that the difference would be significant between a GTX1660Ti and a RTX2060?
I was focusing on the CPU but with K9 now...

Eugen Fetsch

Quote from: levystore on September 19, 2019, 08:22:13 PM
It might be a stupid question but do you think that the difference would be significant between a GTX1660Ti and a RTX2060?
I was focusing on the CPU but with K9 now...
I would say YES. Luxion mentioned that KS GPU benefits mostly from the RTX technology.

RTX2060 has a performance increase of 30-60% (case dependent) in comparison to the 1060Ti, by default. The RTX core will be a multiplier to that value. How much, we'll see after the KS9 release ;) 

mattjgerard

Sneak peek, some of the numbers reported are for a P5000=106 seconds, same render on a RTX6000 = 35seconds

just beta non scientific results from the beta forum. And supposedly they are releasing a complete re-write of the GPU render soon so we will see what happens there.

Furniture_Guy

Matt,

So if you were in the market for a new video card for your Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX machine, what would be a good one?

THANKS!

Perry (Furniture_Guy)

mafrieger

Quote from: mattjgerard on September 20, 2019, 05:48:33 AM
Sneak peek, some of the numbers reported are for a P5000=106 seconds, same render on a RTX6000 = 35seconds

just beta non scientific results from the beta forum. And supposedly they are releasing a complete re-write of the GPU render soon so we will see what happens there.

Hey mattjgerard

many thanks for this Sneak Peak!

Could you (or anyone who has information on this) add a rough time of any-kind of CPU to this comparison?
Just to get a feeling for it how fast this is.

Would be a big difference for the importance of GPU-path in KS9 if e.g. a 16core TR would be 120sec (nearly as fast as P5000) or 300sec...

If no time is available, a really rough factor in comparison to a named CPU type would do the trick...

Many thanks!!

Eric Summers

Quote from: Furniture_Guy on September 20, 2019, 11:01:53 AM
Matt,

So if you were in the market for a new video card for your Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX machine, what would be a good one?

THANKS!

Perry (Furniture_Guy)

Nothing less than a Quadro RTX 8000.  ;D

Furniture_Guy

Quote from: Eric Summers on September 20, 2019, 01:00:40 PM
Quote from: Furniture_Guy on September 20, 2019, 11:01:53 AM
Matt,

THANKS!

Perry (Furniture_Guy)

Nothing less than a Quadro RTX 8000.  ;D

Yessir! Will do...

Perry (Furniture_Guy)

mattjgerard

I have no idea about GPU's these days, I fell off the GPU wagon back when I bought my GTX1080, and that was the best of the best. The mantra always was get the best you can afford.