Select Group instead of object

Started by mattjgerard, July 12, 2019, 07:46:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattjgerard

Is there a way to click on a part in the live viewer and have it select the parent group? I work a lot with product group images like the one attached, and there's a lot of shuffling and moving and tweaking, would be great if I could click on the product and just work totally in the live viewer (or the geometry view) to be able to move things around. I know I can click on the group in the Scene tree, but efficiency nerd me wants to not have to do that. Photoshop has this sort of function where the Autoselect can work on the group or the layer level.

INNEO_MWo

Hello Matt.

It is just a workaround, but I work this way.
You can select the part or mesh in the viewport. So this part will be selected in the scene tree as well and the tree will be expanded. Then you should click on the selected tree entry (that is important, so that KeyShot activates the project panel). Now with the left arrow key you can navigate up the tree level.
If the project panel is not activated by selection / clicking in, the left arrow key lower the environment brightness a bit (by default hotkey settings - so you can deactivate this hotkeys in the preferences).

I work this way even in large scene tree. But I will be happy too, if someone can show us a quicker way.

Hope that helps

Cheers
Marco

Bruno F

Hello Matt,

Thank you for your suggestion. We currently don't have a way to quickly toggle between part and top group level. However, you can try the following workaround:

1. De-select all parts
2. Right-click a part in the scene tree and select "Move Model". The Move Widget appears.
3. Click the "X" to close the Move Widget.  Your model will remain selected.