Onshape connector doesn't seem to work

Started by romeograham, August 05, 2019, 11:56:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

romeograham

I can't get Keyshot 8.2 to recognize the Onshape plugin. I've installed it in the Keyshot8/Plugins folder.

However, Keyshot doesn't give me the "Connect to Onshape" menu any more in the File menu.

Has anyone had this issue, and been able to fix it?

Thanks

INNEO_MWo

I tried to use the onshape plugin with KeyShot 8.2(.80) and it works on Windows 10.
Do you use any older plugin (onshape.dll) in the plugin folder of your resources? Then delete (or move) this and use the right onshape.dll from the current full setup. (attached)
Perhaps you can try to use the attached .dll (copy it to the plugin folder of your resources) or de-install KeyShot, delete the onshape.dll from the plugin folder and re.install KeyShot.

Hope that helps
Cheers
Marco

romeograham

Thanks Marco,
I got it to work back in August - but now with the latest KS 9 update, the plugin has stopped working again.
Yesterday, the download link on keyshot downloads page didn't seem to work either (I thought I'd download latest dll and try again).

Will keep trying - and remove the existing dll from my plugins folder and replace it with a (hopefully) newer one.

Sune

Hi, you can try a fresh install of KeyShot and the plugin.

• Uninstall all _KeyShot_ references and the plugin from the Windows Control > Programs
  • Go into your file browser and manually Delete all "KeyShot 9" folders:
  • C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local
  • C:\Program Files\
  • Make sure to delete the _KeyShot_ resources folder.
  • Note: Move it to the desktop if you wish to back up your resources.
  • Default Locations:
  • Windows: C:\Users\UserName\Documents\KeyShot 9 or C:\Users\Public\Documents\KeyShot 9
  • Mac: /Library/Application Support/KeyShot9
  • Download and Re-install _KeyShot_ using the links below.
  • For this step, you'll need the *full installer* (not the update installer). When prompted select to "Install Just for me".
  • "KeyShot 9 - Windows":https://www.keyshot.com/download/345988/
  • "KeyShot 9 - Mac":https://www.keyshot.com/download/345990/
  • Ensure that you have a keyshot.exe application file under _C:\Program Files\KeyShot9\bin_
  • Go through the registration wizard and enter your serial code for activation.
  • Re-install the plugin checking that the installation path is _C:\Program Files\KeyShot9\Plugins_

You should also make sure you have read/write permissions for all of the previously mentioned locations.

How to set folder permissions on Windows:

• Right-click the folder
  • Select "Properties"
  • Disable "Read-only"
  • Go to the Security tab
  • Click the Edit button.  Ensure that all users have read and write permissions
  • Click Apply and OK
  • Click Apply and OK once more.

How to set folder permissions on Mac:

• Right-click the folder and select "Get Info"
  • Scroll down to Sharing&Permissions make sure all users have both Read&Write
  • Click the settings button (gear icon) and select "Apply to enclosed items" and confirm
  • Close the Get Info window

Please let me know how this works for you.